• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime's QX9650 Adventure....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm still curious if it's the new E0 stepping that's helping out the NDA'd processors rather than the chipset, but who is to say? Our resident tester didn't have any luck with other X48 chipsets, so I have to assume that the P45 is at least part of it.

Perhaps it's not all of it though...

I have another X48 board this week and cannot get the NDA quad stable above 450 FSB with "reasonable" voltages:rolleyes: Makes you think doesn't...;)

Let's see if I have the same good fortune with the Maximus II P45 this week, word of caution though the P45's across the board has some real issues with RAM OC though, especially at tighter timings.

Edit
- Correction - The P5Q Deluxe had no RAM issues

Last edited:
I have another X48 board this week and cannot get the NDA quad stable above 450 FSB with "reasonable" voltages:rolleyes: Makes you think doesn't...;)

Let's see if I have the same good fortune with the Maximus II P45 this week, word of caution though the P45's across the board has some real issues with RAM OC though, especially at tighter timings.

Yep I'm seeing some ram issues at 1200mhz... but it's supposed to be the standard for these boards.

I'll say it again: I'd rather that the P45 really does fix the issue with these Yorkfields, because that's good news for everyone. So the more people I see with P45's + high FSB's on a Yorkie, the more excited I will be :)

I hit 450FSB on my 45nm quad with my P35 last night without an issue at 1st try, 1.35 v-core, will see what max will be tonight :)

Yeah, but you already have a P45 that can do 500FSB on a Yorkie, so you don't count :p

I can do as much as 455FSB on all stock volts on my X38 (to include GTLREF), but after that it goes downhill stupidly fast...

I hit 450FSB on my 45nm quad with my P35 last night without an issue at 1st try, 1.35 v-core, will see what max will be tonight :)

Heh, you ended up getting a Maximus II Formula - how you like it?

It turned HOT here in Germany so I had to stop my oc'ing adventure at 3.7 with 1.31v - no central a/c in Germany and my rig is on the third floor of my house, so it's nice and toasty up there. :(

What's the big deal with 450FSB? My Rampage Formula is chugging away at 465FSB in a 80 degree office..

Last edited:
I had a chance to give several P5Q3 Deluxes a whirl recently. All of them did 500MHz FSB easily on both C1 and C0 QX9770's. I don't think the revision makes a difference.

Well here she rolls at 485 fsb, like I said just a matter of setting the GTL refs correctly. This is also at 1.36250 BIOS for cpu vcore. So far she's booted to windows at 500 fsb, but didn't have enough time to spend getting it stable today so it'll wait till I get the itch again. Notice the glitch in Coretemp?

485fsb_qx.JPG

I hadn't seen your last update with 485FSB, so it's good to see the P45 chipset continuing to work it's apparent magic on the Yorkfields.

Your bus speed / CPU freq inst reporting the same as CPUz. Quite strange!

Also interesting to note, my QX9650 has a Tj. Max of 105c, where yours reports 95c. Hmm.

Newer versions of CoreTemp allow you to change the tjmax manualy I believe, most people agree 95C is the more likely correct tjmax for 45nm Intel desktop CPUs, though nobody knows for sure.

Uhhh 4ghz... 24/7

I primed stable at 445 x 9, but I normally run 400 x 10 just to relax the board. I could probably run 500 x 8 but I don't feel like pushin the NB that hard for 24/7 use.

Back