• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nehalem release moved forward

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope this is correct, but every time I hear about something on FUD, it is highly speculative or just false. They are like the national inquirer of computing.

You would be correct and well I can't even find a link for them ..

I'm really interested in Larrabee, but had difficulty finding solid information on it, isn't it supposed to be a rival to Nvidia's graphics cards and CUDA, and also be a powerhouse for real time ray-tracing?

Beyond3D is your friend; hope you don't mind some severe-duty geekage though :) There are members of that forum from all walks of the 3D life, such as hardware developers, driver developers, game and app developers, and the normal enthusiasts like you and me.

Lots of good stuff to be learned there. The cliff notes seem to be this: Larrabee doesn't look like it's going to be a strong competitor to NV / ATI's top offerings, but should have massive vector math capabilities + much more fully-featured processing abilities (memory management, x86 instructions, et al) so it can do things like distributed computing and raytracing far better.

Beyond3D is your friend; hope you don't mind some severe-duty geekage though :) There are members of that forum from all walks of the 3D life, such as hardware developers, driver developers, game and app developers, and the normal enthusiasts like you and me.

Lots of good stuff to be learned there. The cliff notes seem to be this: Larrabee doesn't look like it's going to be a strong competitor to NV / ATI's top offerings, but should have massive vector math capabilities + much more fully-featured processing abilities (memory management, x86 instructions, et al) so it can do things like distributed computing and raytracing far better.

Nice, thanks for the link and info, loads of interesting threads in that forum. :)

Back