• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC SETI Website: Help Wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stryfe

Hey guys, I've been working with eaglescouter to try and get something going for our website. We could really use some more people who are willing to volunteer some of their time so we can have an awesome site!

What we need:

Web Designers! - This is most critcal right now. Doesn't matter if you've been doing it for years or you're new and learning, we really need someone or a few people to create the look and feel of the site. If you're an aspiring web designer and you do a good job then this sort of thing can look really good in a portfolio to help get you started in the industry!

Project Manager - Getting volunteers coordinated and working together over the web is like herding cats and if you need them to come up with an overall plan as well, it's near impossible. We need someone who's willing to take a leadership role, someone who can help us clearly define what we want done and what order it should get done in so we can get a page up ASAP and add to it after. You don't need to know HTML or how to write code or anything really, you just need to be willing and know how to organize the rest of us to get us where we need to be.

Coders - I'm able to take care of the coding for the stats page and more if needed but if we have any coders who want to help out you're more than welcome. The more we have the more ambitious we can be with site features! I'm not concern with what language you know for now, anything can be helpful.

As for those who were helping out a little while ago. Please don't take any offence from this, we don't want to replace you! It's just been quiet in the project forum and we want to get going. If you still want to help please do, we need you guys!

Hey guys, I've been working with eaglescouter to try and get something going for our website. We could really use some more people who are willing to volunteer some of their time so we can have an awesome site!

What we need:

Web Designers! - This is most critcal right now. Doesn't matter if you've been doing it for years or you're new and learning, we really need someone or a few people to create the look and feel of the site. If you're an aspiring web designer and you do a good job then this sort of thing can look really good in a portfolio to help get you started in the industry!

Project Manager - Getting volunteers coordinated and working together over the web is like herding cats and if you need them to come up with an overall plan as well, it's near impossible. We need someone who's willing to take a leadership role, someone who can help us clearly define what we want done and what order it should get done in so we can get a page up ASAP and add to it after. You don't need to know HTML or how to write code or anything really, you just need to be willing and know how to organize the rest of us to get us where we need to be.

Coders - I'm able to take care of the coding for the stats page and more if needed but if we have any coders who want to help out you're more than welcome. The more we have the more ambitious we can be with site features! I'm not concern with what language you know for now, anything can be helpful.

As for those who were helping out a little while ago. Please don't take any offence from this, we don't want to replace you! It's just been quiet in the project forum and we want to get going. If you still want to help please do, we need you guys!

I can do the project management/desinate tasks. I am also working on a database of CPU completion times.

I can do the project management/desinate tasks. I am also working on a database of CPU completion times.
Awesome, that would be a great addition to the site! Send eaglescouter a PM asking to be added to the Project Forum. It's an external forum that only he can set you up an account on. Then come post there and we can get started :)

AFAIK I was one of the first to do that here; take my advice and make sure to date your results. SETI changes the rules over so often so it's hard to tell what data you really have. For instance, my Phenom was crunching a solid 5500 for over a week then the ratio got changed and it's dropped to ~4800 - no warning.

Maybe the average correction factor (of at least ten OC'ed units) should be included as well? :shrug:

Don't know how much you keep track of the AMD side - if you need nominclature help let me know ... ;)

Last edited:

i can help with the web designer my dad can manage but not for free lol
if you want some killer design email my dad for a quote i can get you a small discount :santa:
some of the websites he has done well not him really his company
i help with small customers not these
steem creative marketingis one of our companies
lawrenceonline the ond one lol
scoutparents the one project my dad manages
als-link.org i helped build this one
hope yall hit me up even though im only sixteen lol i have dreamweaver and flash and i know how to use them just the basic but i learn more every time i get a project
PM me for my email

i can help with the web designer my dad can manage but not for free lol
Are you saying you're willing to volunteer and your dad would of course charge? Or that you both would charge?

This is definitely a volunteer effort. Eaglescouter is being nice enough to get hosting for the team once we've got a website to host. Otherwise everything the team does is a volunteer effort, much like SETI itself.

If you're willing to volunteer for payment in the thanks of your team and experience as a web designer then we'd be happy to have you.

im free but not professional but ok my dad is pro and not free lol
but i can do it part time but cant start till school starts (h.s.) cus i have fball camp send me the server info and i will see what i can do and if you have a templet you want to use :bday:

Uhhg. I feel so bad about this. I'm really sorry about pretty much shafting you guys with respect to the OC*SETI site - I feel really really bad about it. Unfortunately, as QIce noticed a while ago, I haven't even been able to log on more than about once every fortnight due to this insane load of university work I have at the moment (I can see why they say 144points is the max you should take in a year.. I'm doing 180points, which I had to get special permission for). I promise however, that I will log on as much as humanly possible from now on to check and hopefully lend a hand if I can.

Sorry for dicking you around guys, I seriously didn't mean to :\

We seek those who wish to be involved in a team effort. The compensation is unique, not available any where else, as it involves the appreciation of the entire SETI team at ocforums.

Those who have the time and skill and wish to be involved are asked to step forward, you know who you are.

Though it is probably just me being me, but that sounded a tad harsh. I'll try come post here as much as possible, be it website related, or otherwise. Either way, I guess I am out of the site business since I don't meet the criteria.

Good luck, and crunch on.

Though it is probably just me being me, but that sounded a tad harsh. I'll try come post here as much as possible, be it website related, or otherwise. Either way, I guess I am out of the site business since I don't meet the criteria.

Good luck, and crunch on.

Hey Careface, my above post is not directed at you, and is not personal, I'm sorry if it seemed otherwise.

I received many private messages, some offer to work for a fee, some want to help but don't have time right now, others want to help but are buried, and others are interested but lack skills.

We each have our realities that we have to work with. I appreciate all of you for your efforts on behalf of the team, web building or not you are all a part of the team.

sorry about the last post, I must have misinterpreted what you said. No hard feelings?

It's all good Careface. Get back to the books and get this semester/quarter/trimester behind you. I've been there and done that (carried too many units at college) and it's not fun. The good part is that it will end on schedule, you just have to crunch till then.

Back