• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any last words on my pelt/water system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_master

I have bought these components:

1 x 156W peltier = 385 SEK
1 x Arctic Silver II = 95 SEK
1 x WaterWetter 30ml = 50 SEK
1 x Swiftech MCW462-BT 3/8" = 850 SEK
1 x MXL MONO 120 Radiator (MXL-MONO-120) = 495 SEK
1 x Y.S. TECH 120x38 (FAN-120-YST) = 198 SEK

Will it be sufficient? Any last words of wisdom before I shutdown and install my stuff?

("SEK" stands for Swedish crowns...)

Bender: Are you familiar with my radiator? I couldn't find any info on it (I bought it becuase of the low price... :) ).

EDIT: And btw how do I measure the CPU temp, when I have dumped silicone and foam behind the die? Can I measure through the on-chip sensor? Does the Epox 8KHA+ support it?

Please understand that I am VERY nervous about the new cooling gear.
Getting your first pelt/water cooling is like losing your virginity! ;)

Last edited:
I would use water only at first and iron out the wrinkles before adding a pelt. The insulation part is really intensive and requires great care. To use the thermistor - straighten it out vertically and then slip the pad over and then bend it down so it is in contact with the base of the proc. Don't forget dielectric grease which I don't see on your list. I smeared the top of the ceramic with it as well as putting it into the holes on the ZIF socket.

http://www.swiftnets.com/MCW462.htm

That's the block with the TEC insulation stuff with it.

Bender: Well a URL was actually what I was looking for too...
It says on the sellers page that it is a good cooler... :)

Tiger: If you follow the link you'll see that the MCW462BTEC comes with all the necassary insulation, goo and foam.
And what do you mean by saying that I need to "Iron out the wrinkles"? Please explain...

"Iron out the wrinkles" well I think he means you should get everything up and runing before you use the peltier. Water cooled systems can be complex enough so you want to make shure you have everything working properly.

the_master said:
http://www.swiftnets.com/MCW462.htm

That's the block with the TEC insulation stuff with it.

Bender: Well a URL was actually what I was looking for too...
It says on the sellers page that it is a good cooler... :)

Tiger: If you follow the link you'll see that the MCW462BTEC comes with all the necassary insulation, goo and foam.
And what do you mean by saying that I need to "Iron out the wrinkles"? Please explain...
Bender has kindly interpreted for me - sorry it's an English expression. What I mean is that you might install a wc system with the greatest care in the world but something is not quite right and it does not cool efficiently for some reason. You don't want a pelt in there. You only get one chance with that. Poor cooling and everything gets burned pelt and all. It happened to me - the water block wasn't seating properly and the first time I went in I was getting temps in the lower 50'sC. If a pelt had been there it would have been 100C+. and all over in seconds. Hey, you could have air in the block - there are a number of things that can go wrong.

thx guys! My stuff is here now, and if everything goes well, my profile will be changed! :)
And if it goes to hell...Well you won't be hearing from me in a while...

Back