• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone own the Ultra Kaze 3000RPM fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WorshipMe

Just wondering, are they bearable? I'm not someone who is usually too bothered by noise, but if they really are absolutely unbearable, I'll just go with the 2000RPM models.

Thanks for any feedback.

I had some for a while and on full blast, they're quite loud. Unless you absolutely need them, I'd get the 2000RPM models, which is what I have now. Full blast they're very quiet but move a lot of air. But if you don't care about noise, the 3000RPM models move a hell of a lot of air.

I have the Ultra 3000. It is loud at full tilt. If you're using it as a CPU fan cooler, in a solid steel case, it's a bit more bearable. Using it a case fan though, you can really hear the air move.

I too would suggest the 2000rpm one.

I've got a 3000 RPM one on a fan controller for my cpu cooler. At least on my cooler, it doesn't benefit from being run higher than [what I assume is about] 7v. My problem is that I lost one of my 5.25 drive bay plugs, so I hear more of the air moving than I should. Well, it doesn't help that my tower is only about 18" from my face either :)

Yep, they're loud on full blast, and yep, they move a lot of air. Go for the 2k rpm model ;)

No joke, they are very loud but they move alot of air. If you are living by yourself or have deft roommates then its great but unless you have a fan controller, I suggest the 2000 model. Personally I wish I went with the 2000RPM model but I have a fan controller so I can keep the noise low.

i bought 3 of these (intake, CPU, and exhaust) and promptly bought a fan controller when i realized how loud they are.

Right, I have mine hooked up to a fan controller. I have it set to 1900rpm, so realistically, I could have gotten the 2000rpm version.

BUT.... I do have the option of going 3000rpm if I wanted to for benching a high overclock once in awhile.

So, if you don;t have a fan controller, get the 2000rpm. If you do have a fan controller, get the 3000rpm one since you can turn it down or turn it up. They are usually the same price too.

BUT.... I do have the option of going 3000rpm if I wanted to for benching a high overclock once in awhile.

That's exactly the reason I went with the 3K RPMs.

Back