• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABit ST6 questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonicwave

Does anyone know if the ST-6 mobo have the APIC feature which let an APIC enabled OS like NT/2k/XP to allocate more than 16 interrupts ??? I'm currently using an ASUS TUSL2-C and you can set it to APIC mode in the BIOS.

If I'm going to use a Tualatin on ST-6, what would be the max. Vcore I could attend without using the wire trick ??

Does it come with an utility just like the "EasyTune III" of Gigabyte which allows you to overclock directly in Windows ?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Nope on APIC. At least, no mention in the manual on my run through it.

With a default 1.475 v, the ST6 lets you hit 1.6.

Nope on a Windows based OCing utility.
I doubt Rise of Abit still works on this board. :)

Remember....That's for the lucky ones of us that get a 'really' good chip. Dosen't nessecarily mean all 1.2's will pull this speed at this voltage on an St-6....

(unless you mean 'voltage?!'):)

Sklathill said:
Nope on APIC. At least, no mention in the manual on my run through it.

Nope on a Windows based OCing utility.
I doubt Rise of Abit still works on this board. :)

Thanks Sklathill....How about the latest BIOS ??? As a newer bios may add APIC feature which will not be mentioned in the manual (which printed before Bios release). Can you or anyone who owns an Abit ST-6 mobo go into your BIOS and see if you can spot any APIC feature related setting.

There is also another quick way to check if you are using Win2k/XP. Go into device manager and expand the "Computer" branch. If it contains the word "uniprocessor" or "multiprocessor", the mobo is using APIC mode.

Thanks.:)

Didn't see it in the bios here. Unfortunately, I don't have either 2k or XP, so I can't check out that solution.

And yes, I did mean 1.6 volts, not GHz. (Gah, I know I should be happy at 1.53, but I'd LOVE to get everything in spec...)

Back