• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cooling for 8800GTS(G80)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blakehenry00

What coolers are out there that will work with it? My budget is $50-$75, a few different choices would be great, and size does not matter :D The cheaper the better, but I do need something that is good. Noise is not an issue.

Last edited:
Yep. I have one on my 8800GT (G92) that came with the video card. Here's my video card . Clocked @ 700/2000/1750 my temps idle @ 38-39c and load around 46-48c while gaming. Extremely silent :)

lol, heck yeah. Be sure to check out Zalman's site to be 100% sure it'll work on your G80 card. It shows it does, but I would check just to be on the safe side ;) I'd hate for it not to fit after you ordered it. Lets check out other coolers before you pull the trigger.

*edit* How about Thermaltake's DuOrb ?

Last edited:
I read some reviews on it and it's said to do a nice job cooling and the noise level is low. One heck of a cooler right thar! :thup:

The Xigmatek Battle_Axe is good for the older G80 GPUs. All 4 heatpipes would cover the GPU.

It's not that great for the newer, smaller die.

$35 at newegg.

So price completely out of the question, What would you pick? (I am getting this a a gift)

EDIT:The Xigmatek Battle-Axe won't work, I guess I should have said it can't be four slots wide ;)

Last edited:
It actually only takes up 3 total slots (1x video card/1x heatsink/1x fans). Something like the duorb (sp?) will take up only 2 slots, but I could be wrong. Otherwise, you're looking at a passive only solution for 2x slots.

Ah, I'm pretty sure the Accelero Xtreme 8800 is two, just really, really long. And since it's a gift I would really like to get the best in that price range...

IMO, the Zalman VF1000 AND the recommended RHS88 is the absolutel best cooling solution for the G80s. It isn't cheap though. Last I checked both ran close to $90. If $$ isn't a problem, this is the way to go as you don't have to worry about heatsinks falling off as the RHS88 is bolted down to the card. I ran one on my old GTS320 and it kept both the GPU and the RAM very cool and was dead quiet. Mine also sported a very nice OC and it still never got over 60C. The bad thing is that you can get a G92 GTS for $60 more and not have to worry about temps as the HS on them is very good.

Axis

Back