• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any hope?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i'm not 100% sure what is the difference between a stove and an oven but with stove i'm thinking of the thingy you bake bread and stuff in
Well technically the stove is the top part where you would boil water and cook in a pot or pan and the oven is where you bake bread, cook pizza. While most of the time they are one appliance that is not always the case.

i had o-rings go bad once and soaked the agp slot [soaked] while it was running. screen got all funky lol so i shut her down and saw the antifreeze!! aaaahhh

took it apart used a paper towel and then a hair dryer for 10 minutes threw it back together and got another 3 years out of it.

searching threads back then, outcomes are all different with a major amount of luck being involved. good hardware helps too on how lucky you,ll get.

keep your fingers crossed and break out the hair dryer

I get stuff wet quite a bit, dry it with a hair dryer and you'll be fine, just make sure you get it totally dry ;)

What I'm wondering is why did you take the loop down just to put some hose-clamps on? You don't need to pull the tube to put them on you know :beer:

I have soaked a few things in my day, usually they work fine after I let them dry out for a couple of days. hope you didn't loose everything.

I am going to agree with what everyone says and let it dry out for a week. I wouldn't use the oven or a heat gun as it is very possible for it to get too hot. Find a warm spot in your house such as where the sun would come through a window and put it there or near there, not in the direct sunlight.

Also this is why in all the guides on this site it says to leak test prior to installation and I believe the same is said in the Dander Den installation instructions. But I did have the same thing happen to me during a leak test. While setting up my new water setup for my quad I didn't get the clamps tightened up for my rad and found this out during the leak test.

But best of luck, its possible that if you let your video card dry and it doesn't look like you got water all over it that maybe you can RMA it? same with the other components.....

Update:
So i picked up a cheap e7200/msi p43 combo with 4 gigs of of ram at my local fry's and came home to do some parts swapping and testing. The 4850, q6600, and patriot ram all lived through the experience, im down one gigabyte ex38-dq6 motherboard :cry: and my 400 gig storage drive went up in smoke when i hooked it up, literally. When i powered up i had the computer spread on my kitchen table and i watched one of the little black rectangles on the back of the hdd smoke and pop in about a second and a half, so im gonna have to rerip my cd collection . All in all it could have been worse, but there go my dreams of crossfired 4850s i guess im just gonna have to pick up a 4870x2 :D

Sorry brother. At least they were your CDs, not iTunes. External HD for backup is a good idea too.

I'm not sure how that would have happened though. Did water actually get on the HD?

If there was any irreplacible stuff on the HD, you could easily have that chip fixed. I would worry that it would just happen again, though.

Nah, i dont keep the sole copy of anything that i just cant lose on my pc ever, ive had to format too many times so i always have a backup of anything that i just cant lose on a dvd or a usb drive.

I dont know what gives with the hdd though, seeing as i had confirmed it to be working in an old pc i have, my best guess is that it was a completly unrelated incident in which the molex ~> sata power adapter was just not good and something got crossed with the juice. It was a new adapter and well, i dont intend to try it again to see if it will also cook my raptor :D. Ive been thinking of getting a pair of the 640gig hdds for a raid setup anyway, the raptor is really showing its age and 74gigs isnt what it used to be in this world of 15 gig os folders and 30 gig game folders.

Ouch!

So yesterday i installed a water cooling setup i picked up at my local frys. A danger den tdx block, laing d5 pump and black ice extreme2 radiator. So i set it all up yesterday and had my quad hummin along at 3.6 happy as could be, i left it on this morning when i left for work to let prime run to test for 8 hour stable, and when i came home i found out in the worst possible way that in my excitement i forgot to put the clamps on the hoses for the radiator:bang head:

Im fairly sure my video card is dead as i poored water out of the fan when i uninstalled it, so it had to of pooled on the card then run down into the fan(vga silencer) but has anyone ever had a cpu or mobo that survived something like this. Just wondering if there is any hope at all while i have everything spread out on my kitchen table to get good and dry.

if you have another hdd that is the same you could just swap the printboards to get everything off the hdd
just make sure it's an equal hdd

Back