• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston DataTraveler vs. SanDisk Cruzer Micro Flash USB Drive shootout comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Kingston DataTraveler vs. SanDisk Cruzer Micro Flash USB Drive shootout comparison

I hope this gets picked up by the search engines because I couldn't find this info anywhere when I searched for it.

• Kingston 8GB DataTraveler Style, Black DTYLB/8GB
• Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Style, Black DTYLB/4GB
• Kingston 4GB DataTraveler 100 - DT100/4GB
• SanDisk 4GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ6-4096-A11

If in doubt, get the old Kingston DataTraveler 100 - DT100, not the new DataTraveler Style. It appears to transfer faster than the other 3 I tested.

The SanDisk 4GB Cruzer comes with auto-start software on it, which might be annoying if you don't use it and just want to copy-paste data. Even after I completely removed the software, SanDisk Cruzer would not play any songs when I plugged it into my car radio's USB port whereas all three Kingston's would.

I was surprised that the old Kingston DataTraveler was faster. As much as 20% faster.

Attachments

• Kingston vs. SanDisk.jpg
    Kingston vs. SanDisk.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4,952
Back