• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheapest sound absorption material.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCTroll

Registered
Hi.
Wanna make my pc more silent. Some suggestions what should/must I use, what kind of materials? As I tryed to search from net about it and didn't find nothing usefull I decided to post it here. I already bought some 4-5mm thick corc. As I saw on it sign that it will absorbt sound ca 16dbl.
I don't want to spend very much for it. I know some of you will say buy zahlman special sound absorption pads and you're done, but not, I don't want to give out much. I also have heard that materials that contain bitumen are good.
Thank you

Last edited:
I have a bunch of Sonex foam, it works really good. Comes in sheets big enough for a midtower, and a desktop. It works REALLY good for me, and costed something around $18 for more than i know what to do with. I'll post a link once i find the site...

I think one of the stores that OC.com links to sells it, and i got it from one of them.

m_mike_k said:
I saw someone using old mousepads and some sort of foam padding.

Yeah, apparently that *works*, but is also pretty heavy. You might want to look for egg-shell foam. Keep in mind that you don't have to buy it, you can probably find some in packaging or something for free.

Floor mats from Home Despot - i.e. the fuzzy kind with rubber backing works well.

Check out 7Volts.com for a load of cheap suggestions about lowering computer noise.

fuzzba11 said:

Yeah, apparently that *works*, but is also pretty heavy. You might want to look for egg-shell foam. Keep in mind that you don't have to buy it, you can probably find some in packaging or something for free.

yeah thats what I meant, the eggshell foam, but I didn' t know what it was called:D

Oh thx Fink, your link is really good one...went right to the Favorites.:D

Back