• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming in Server 2008 64-bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomballard2

Registered
I'm running Server 2008 64-bit on my box. I followed the win2008 workstation guides to get a few things working, and holy crap I just love it. No Aero, no bull, no junk running in the background. All video games I care about (Oblivion, Crysis, Bioshock, HL, SimCity Destinations, WiC) -- all run fun.

So, my question to you is, do you think Server 2008 64-bit is the ultimate gaming OS today?

i havent DL-ed it yet to play around ( technet, not a hack or anything)

i have been playing around with various server OS's for my media server at home, and so far have just used home server and server2k3.

i really like home server. it has alot of nice features, but i guess if i used 2k3, i could get teh same features, just the headache of actually configuring it all.

i dont think i could ever run a server OS on my main rig.

how is driver support so far??

able to use XP or win2k drivers for GPUs, raid and what not?

It's the same as Vista SP1, just much, much faster for a variety of reasons. I see no reason not to run it, so long as you have a way to get it.

Back