• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Window AC Liquid Chiller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Glad to be back. With med school I cut back my 20 forums to just XS and overclock but I'm free now and back to my phasers, so had to recover the pw on this account.
Section seems a bit dead though..

Yea, there isn't as much extreme cooling going on as there was before; mostly just by the benching team and that's done with purchased equipment. There just aren't that many people actually building things (I never have...no skills for it!) and actually using the purchased items is already well covered.

It's kinda a bummer. The advent of the cheap mass produced ln2 or dry ice pots was a real damper on phase.
But considering the tools and investment I see why... although I did install the entire central AC in my new place (whew!)

I think I will probably build some more. I think I will build a chiller and would like to build a cascade, but that is going to take a bit more learning and practice.

So let's build man. Cascade is tough. For sure. But chillers are so useful if you have a monster pump to handle the sluggishness/viscosity.

A/c units are easy to get at this time of year. I will see what I can find.

What gas do you have?
I actually picked up a huge load of plate hx and TXVs and such the other day. Let me know if you need any parts.

R410a is cheap, runs in all of the new compressors well, and doesn't need a license now! Pretty awesome.

Back