• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deltavox

Registered
Ok I just bought a Q6600 to go with an ASUS Commando, fixed the ucore prob with a BIOS update but 2 other things come to attention: I cant get the multiplier to stay at 9x rather than vary from 6x, under load it switches to 9x and then back down to 6x when not,. You get the point. Secondly When running Prime only 2 cores are put under load and always the same 2, during this process the other 2 cores are used for basic processing suchas installations or surfing the web, etc so i know they are working?

Any input or experiences on either or both topics would be appreciated.

:bang head

I can't answer your first question but as far as the second one Prime must be set to only use two cores. See if you can figure out how to change it to utizing all four. I can't tell you how to do that because I have no idea what Prime is other than that it's a program of course.

The multi problem is the power saving features that drop the multi and vcore at idle. There should be options like C1E and/or EIST in the bios. To keep the multi at 9 you must disable these.

yeah i figured out the multi prob and its ok, jsut as you said and as far as my PRime95 issue goes i havent updated it in a while so maybetheres a 4core avail now, thanks for your help guys!

Back