• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program to save drivers from computer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

Hello I am getting ready to reinstall windows on one of my friends computers but he does not have any restore cd's or driver disks with his computer. Its a 5 year old dell of some sort. I was just wondering if there is a program that I can save the current driver files and put them all on a disk or something so when I reinstall windows I don't have to go searching around all of google to find some.

Or would it just be easyier to look and what the drivers are he is using, google search a download link then save them to a disk?

Thank you for reading and hope anyone can help!

EDIT- He also has a few gigs of music that he has saved and I was wondering what the easiest way of keeping these files? Would I just have to copy them all to several disks? Would a flash drive be able to hold .mp3's? Would be kind of a pain putting a few thousands songs on those 90min/700mb disks...

Back