• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8600 Newegg comes thru $279.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yep, I'm hoping for close to 4.5 on air if I can get lucky. anything over 4 will be a fantastic improvement over my e6600 3.6ghz @ 1.54v. :p

can't wait to see the encoding speeds on flac and mp3 with it. not to mention the 3 games i play the most only use 1-2 cores anyway.

yep, I'm hoping for close to 4.5 on air if I can get lucky. anything over 4 will be a fantastic improvement over my e6600 3.6ghz @ 1.54v. :p

I easily got 4.2ghz on my E8500 I just received earlier this week. With the new stepping, you should be able to easily hit 4.5ghz under 1.4v.

I easily got 4.2ghz on my E8500 I just received earlier this week. With the new stepping, you should be able to easily hit 4.5ghz under 1.4v.

I think a couple did just that on the E8600 over yonder. ...Of course then they cranked it higher with H2O and whatnot...

I think a couple did just that on the E8600 over yonder. ...Of course then they cranked it higher with H2O and whatnot...

With a good air cooler and good ram, you should be able to do 4.5ghz on air. I'm hoping to do that when I finally get some new ram on my E8500. My ram could barley hold up the 4.2ghz it's at now.

Damn, I was not going to buy any new stuff this month:bang head but this E8600 looks like a CPU straight from the pits of OC eutopia:drool:

Hell yeah!! I already have one with a second coming on Monday lol. Now this Newegg deal comes up...two's a company, three's a crowd. :p

This chip reminds me of when I first tried ocing a P4 661 Cedar Mill two years ago, the clocks are almost equal. :santa:

1m-5787_146.png

http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?t=197505&page=2

Saw this over at extreme systems from Venom-Crusher, never seen a super PI 1 million so fast from a non-extreme CPU.

+1 to overclocking eutopia, nice quote ;)

By the looks of it some of these E8600's runs as hot as hell, great for DI or LN2, not so good for the aero guys.

Holy moses, that is unreal, .09 sec away to break 7 sec on SPi...wish Frys had them in stock, I hate to wait for shipping:bang head

Holy moses, that is unreal, .09 sec away to break 7 sec on SPi...wish Frys had them in stock, I hate to wait for shipping:bang head

Overnight from newegg at their prices is going to be cheaper than driving to Fry's, paying tax, and their msrp price. Not to mention the gas prices you're going to have to pay.

So, why not order now, and get it by Tuesday without ever leaving the house and paying less? :D :santa:

Overnight from newegg at their prices is going to be cheaper than driving to Fry's, paying tax, and their msrp price. Not to mention the gas prices you're going to have to pay.

So, why not order now, and get it by Tuesday without ever leaving the house and paying less? :D :santa:

I'm on business traveling next week, I want an E8600 tomorrow, not Monday...we should build an OC travelling rig that will fit in a briefcase so one can do some OCing in the hotel ;)

Back