• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8600 Newegg comes thru $279.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Broke now but cpu rich

Funny you mention paycheck as I just got paid today and spent it on an E8600. I needed to go on a diet anyway. :bang head

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be mean, but a comment like that will incite a 100 post squabbling thread that accomplishes nothing. That's been argued to death here and it's getting annoying.

I'm not trying to be mean, but a comment like that will incite a 100 post squabbling thread that accomplishes nothing. That's been argued to death here and it's getting annoying.

My bad. I had no idea. I thought that was just logical. I don't see why it isn't so but w/e... It would be really helpful to me if you can tell me exactly the reason why the Q9450 is bad with overclocking. What exactly is the issue? If you can see, I made a thread here exactly about that, about overclocking this processor. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=573359

q9450 can reach 4ghz on newer P45 chipset.
however, reaching 4.5ghz or even 5ghz on water on dualcore as of e8600 for gamers are not shabby.

For use its all about how your using your computer.
;)

q9450 can reach 4ghz on newer P45 chipset.
however, reaching 4.5ghz or even 5ghz on water on dualcore as of e8600 for gamers are not shabby.

For use its all about how your using your computer.
;)

That's... insane... I didn't think numbers that high were even fair when comparing how well processors can overclock. I'm only streaming for 3GHz...

Damn, I was not going to buy any new stuff this month:bang head but this E8600 looks like a CPU straight from the pits of OC eutopia:drool:

next day shipping is still cheaper than other sites are selling before shipping. :D

Grand Total: $299.02

With UPS next day.

next day shipping is still cheaper than other sites are selling before shipping. :D

Grand Total: $299.02

With UPS next day.

Mine: $290+$19 tax+33 shipping, give or take.. Bleh.

Newegg: $280 + $21 next day, $301.

Brutal ratbuddy, but at least you still will have a sick processor either way. :D

Back