• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is your favorite Command & Conquer series game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agentbad

I just finished C&C Tiberium Wars and was wondering what's your favorite C&C series game?

It would be Red Alert, but when you go back to playing it after playing C&C Tiberium Wars, it just doesnt seem as good.

so probably C&C Tiberium Wars with Kanes Wrath expansion pack. The MARV is probably the best weapon.

Im looking forward to Red Alert 3...

The new games from EA lost the magic, I can't explain it, my favorite from westwood was RedAlert2.

I couldnt stand tiberium sun or red alert 2. My favorites were RA1, cnc1 and generals. I do like tiberium wars its decent, but ive never had a good experience at a lan with any cnc game. Usually someone times out or the whole game crashes right before the game got interesting.

Dune 2000.

I know its kind of cheating considering it wasn't a C&C game, but at least its Westwood Studios!

Probably Red Alert, then the first one, then Tiberium Wars.

Dune 2000.

I know its kind of cheating considering it wasn't a C&C game, but at least its Westwood Studios!

Probably Red Alert, then the first one, then Tiberium Wars.

i bet those cnc games would be much better if EA didnt take control.

i love RA 1 and 2, up to the Yuri expansion. after that everything produced was junk witht eh exception of Generals.
C&C 3 is "ok" but wish i could get my money back. was a great time killer when i was in Iraq, but now im back home i wont even install it on my main rig.

im really hoping RA3 is as good as people are saying. i have been in need of a good RTS game.

need a break from WOW and TF2

Definitely loved Red Alert 1 & 2, played #2 multiple times through and couldn't get enough of Skirmish. Generals was also pretty good. But I am certainly looking forward to Red Alert 3.

Not sure how the other older C&C games were but it seems like in C&C3 RA there doesn't seem to be enough resource mangement. Its basically spam units to counter your other guy. You capture an oil right, and you build a few ore trucks and sit back and build units.

I guess I'm use to Age of the empries where you have to managed, food, gold, and wood, and also produce villagers as well as export, while keeping track of your army.

C&C just seems more basic and easy to play, more like a death match type RTS rather than a supremacy type RTS where you really need to focus on econ before you can even think about building an army.

Last edited:
Not sure how the other older C&C games were but it seems like in C&C3 RA there doesn't seem to be enough resource mangement. Its basically spam units to counter your other guy. You capture an oil right, and you build a few ore trucks and sit back and build units.

I guess I'm use to Age of the empries where you have to managed, food, gold, and wood, and also produce villagers as well as export, while keeping track of your army.

C&C just seems more basic and easy to figure out, more like a death match type RTS rather than a supremacy

In the old C&C's the ore/tiberium had to "grow" and often you'd run into the problem of running out of ore/collecting it faster than it grew, so long draw out fights became difficult and often if it came down to it, the person who had better base deference's and controlled more ore fields would win.

Also rushing is a big part of C&C. I hate it, and most people do, but man build a few GI's rush them to the oil fields, then get some tanks up and try to take out the enemy's refinery before they have a chance to get going, and often it was a viscous cycle, and having multiple bases, or at least multiple structures could safe you early on, but then again if you spent to much money on one thing you can't build a defense. Man in RA2 I remember how you would sacrific an entire army just trying to take out a MCV, especially if it was there only one.

Back