• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 3400+ S754 in Desktop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myststix

Disabled
Desktop came with ADA3200AEP4AX, 3200+ Processor

I have

AMN3400BIX5AR , 3400+ Mobile.

I don't want to fry my board or chip, should I even try?

Answered own question. Don't know if cost is worth reward.

Last edited:
Yes, you can use that mobile processor. But since the mobile cpu is unlidded, you will need to be aware that, depending upon your hsf, the hs may not fit as tightly as it does on a regular s754 cpu.

I had a 3400-M on my current rig and I didn't have any problems at all.

If your s754 system is currently o/c'ed, I think that the right way to go is to return everything back to stock settings in Bios before installing the mobile cpu. If you are at stock now, then you can just change out cpu's and go from there.

For what it's worth, here is your mobile:
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Mobile Athlon 64 3400+ - AMN3400BIX5AR.html

Ok, another stupid question, Would a Turion 64 run on an RS480M-IL motherboard? Any here run a mobile Turion on a desktop board?

Ok, another stupid question, Would a Turion 64 run on an RS480M-IL motherboard? Any here run a mobile Turion on a desktop board?

A Turion 64 would theoritically, assuming the BIOS likes it. All my 754 ECS boards liked my turion, it was a great cpu.

Turion X2s won't work though.

Back