• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Standby restarts instead of resuming. HELP :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

violineb

Hey Everyone, I have a rather peculiar problem.

I just reinstalled windows on my laptop (sony vaio S360P) and after having installed all drivers and programs tested out standby. I use standby very very very very often. But now it's useless.

I close the laptop to put it into standby (or just from the start menu) and when I resume by pushing any key on the keyboard my computer starts from the beginning. I know it isn't shut down because the usual amber standby light does pulse.

What's happening? I really don't want to reinstall Windows just because of this :(

-Emmanuel

If you haven't already, update to either SP2 or SP3... although installing XP using a slipstreamed SP3 disk would be the preferred method of install.

Does it do this when you close lid and reopen it after like 10 seconds or does it do that after like 20min?

Back