• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4850 NOT creating XML profile file

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Essenar

I've tried numerous times to get it to create a profile for me but it won't. It has it in CCC and I can pick it, but it won't create the XML file.

If it is listed in CCC and you can activate, the XML file is there.

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\ATI\ACE\Profiles

You don't get it. I don't care if the profile exists or not, I want to be able to edit it and it's not creating the folder in Documents and Settings. I'm trying to mod the fan speed but I can't do that without seeing the XML file.

You need to make sure "show hidden files and folders" is checked. Local Settings and Application Data are hidden folders. The files are not in "Documents and Settings". They are in the folder I posted previously.

Okay I figured it out. I kept going Documents and Settings > Username > App Data > ATI > Ace.

Then I read his post and I saw "Local Settings" and slapped myself.

Sorry for the heated response. I had my 4850 running at 80 celsius for about an hour because ATI 8.7's decided to fight me every step of the way.

Back