• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had read something about a way of optimizing rosetta@home that didn't really do anything but fool BOINC into falsely higher benchmark timings, which in turn would give more credit for each WU completed. This was in a two year old post that had I recently read on a forum, I'll try to find it. It's rather old so it might be irrelevant.

Yup, here we go --> http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_thread.php?id=1122

There are some schemers out there.

When I finish my write up on "The great BOINC scandal", you'll see the *biggest*, and dirtiest schemer in all of the DC part of the internet. This guy, and his buds, stole hundreds of millions of credits/points, from hundreds of teams, for themselves. All using BOINC.

And I'll tell you how they did it! :)

It's enough to make your blood boil, believe me!

Ben brings up something I had been wondering about, i.e., ways to optimize RAH.

I know (generally) with FAH L2 cache is king, followed by clock speed and then RAM speed. Does the same hold true for RAH or is it simply clock speed that wins? I guess I'm wondering if I should try to bump up the clock speed on my E4300 a bit now that cooler weather has returned or is it an issue of diminishing returns?

Hello, been crunching Rosetta for a while as one of my side BOINC projects. Just went and increased its resource share and adding a few more PCs to my account and 2 more monday, one being a Quad.

Ben brings up something I had been wondering about, i.e., ways to optimize RAH.

I know (generally) with FAH L2 cache is king, followed by clock speed and then RAM speed. Does the same hold true for RAH or is it simply clock speed that wins? I guess I'm wondering if I should try to bump up the clock speed on my E4300 a bit now that cooler weather has returned or is it an issue of diminishing returns?

If you can, rise the clocks. Rosetta scales almost linear with the clock speed, it is not bottlenecked with memory bandwidth or cache size AFAIK.

To SunRedRX7: Good to see you active again on the forums! Crunch on!

• Our RAC: 11,200
  • TPF RAC: 20,400
Distance to The Pirate Fleet: 67,000

We now have 18 teammates with a RAC of 100, or more.

:welcome: our newest member: Noodle

Donut has passed me up, and has the #1 team RAC, with his strong Rosetta farm! Way2Fold, Donut!! :beer:

Several of you have also stepped up your folding work for our team. Thanks a bunch.

Does anyone know who peglarr, our #1 total credit folder is?

Rosetta Roadsigns - (aka Milestones) :)

• Peglarr - 1,000,000+
  • Thideras - 200,000+
  • SunRedRX-7 - 100,000+
Code:
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][B][SIZE="3"]Our Top 20 Rosetta RAC'ers:[/B]
===================================[/color]
[COLOR="LightBlue"]
1) Donut 	           2,316.73
2) Adak   	           2,249.58
3) ben.World.order         1,514.50
4) peglarr                 1,171.75
5) Thideras                  848.91
6) Surfpunk                  687.45
7) muddocktor                637.17 
8) karbon                    455.83 	
9) Evilsizer                 416.50 	
10) sno                      215.66 	
11) Hammer 	             210.23
12) Don 	             206.34 	
13) Bootlag2004              201.36 
14) Teque5                   191.43 	
15) Sephis                   181.85 	
16) Blake                    131.82 	
17) maddog39                 116.55 
18) SunRedRX7                111.94 
19) nudave                    98.74 	
20) Noodle                    42.76 	
[/size]

Congratulations to our very first millionaire club member: Peglarr!

And look who's already #6 in team RAC: Surfpunk!

Congratulations to all, and fold on! :beer: or :soda:

[/COLOR]

Last edited:
@Hamm3r: That's good to know, thanks. I had it clocked up to 2.8 at one point and tried to go up to 3.0 then all hell broke loose. Maybe I'll give it another go...

@Adak: Yup, now #6 and I have Thideras in my sights :attn:

Great baditude_df! I just finished replying to your PM.

Another quad - hey hey! I believe the Stinky Feet Fleet is gonna be quite close up, soon!

We should be able to watch all their rats, abandoning ship. :clap: :clap:

>>Our RAC: 12,800+
>>TPF RAC: 20,600+

Distance to The Pirate Fleet: 57,000+ points, and closing​

Big :welcome: to our newest teammate: baditude_df!

Despite his recent plumbing problems and heat/AC/high utility bill problem, Ben is still folding with us.

Either that, or Ben's home is haunted, and the spirits living therein, *really* like Rosetta! As long as it's not Zombies, I guess it's OK, if true. :p :p :p

What say you, Ben? :D

Donuts is still folding like crazy, and leap-frogging back to #1 in team RAC, every day or two.

Many others are also shouldering a good folding load for the team. Peglarr, Surfpunk, and Thideras (and I'd watch your rear-view, Thideras!), amongst many others.

We will be jumping over several other teams before we catch up with "The Stinky Feet Fleet", in their paper mache flotilla, and their rubber ducky flagship.

That's alright, but TPF is still our goal.

Did I ever mention how much I HATE pirates? Like a slug hates salt, that's how I hate pirates.

Down With The Stinky Feet Fleet!

I even hear they steal surfboards, if you're not watching 'em! :p :D

That is the curse of our technology:

• Everythings fine
  • Everythings fine
  • Everythings fine
  • Splat! Bird **** hits you right in the face!! :bang head

Good luck, Donuts!

lol, you got that right. The kicker is, this is my main rig. So far it looks like memory. Memtest showed instant failure, I tried to isolate a bad stick but individually they test fine. Plugged both back in and they completed 2 passes fine. I'm hoping all they needed was a re-seat. Time to go work on my truck, meanwhile we'll see if memtest flies or if it's RMA time.

Update- I should have let memtest complete it's 3rd pass. RMA time. 1 rig down.:cry: Time to browse the classies to look for some ram.

Last edited:
Back