• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wish i could move to newer platforms, but i'll likely be on x58 till well past the end of 2011 socket =(

Holy crap, we're about to be #3 in RAC!! We are BEASTS!! :comp:

Everyone involved should pat themselves on the back heartily. We are currently behind the #3 RAC team, the UK BOINC Team, by less than 2000 RAC. If we keep this up, we'll by the third-place team in the entire project for sheer computing power/production, and we still have the fewest amount of members on the entire top 20 teams (except for that freak, UW Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, with only 8 members)! We are badass! Go team, go! Hoorah! Booyah!

:rock:

By the way, YoMamma, I see you coming up through the field in RAC. I welcome the challenge, but I think you'll beat me out and take the #4 spot due to your sheer number of rigs up and running. Congrats, man. I can't compete with half a dozen computers. Maybe it's time for me to make a third. :)

Yes, this team is really on the move and is a force to be reckoned with under its own steam. Big kudos to all of our staple crunchers and new members for steadilly climbing through the ranks to #3!

I have a feeling we'll be #1 again really soon. Stay tuned for details. ;)

We'll also me moving into 19th in total points soon as well.

PS: add another quad to the roster! see sig. :)

My boinc client refuses to request CPU tasks, and it ran out of 'em a couple days ago.
Donno what it thinks it's doing, but it is annoying me!

I have a problem with that on my rigs, also, Bob. It seems to help when I go to the Projects tab and just click on and highlight the Rosetta project, and then leave it on that tab. For some reason this appears to mostly take care of the issue, but it still seems like when I do this I come home to a crapload of finished work units that have not been uploaded. It is frustrating, and if anyone else has a fix for this issue I sure would like to know what it is.

Not sure if this helps, but one thing you can try:

drop a cc_config.xml file in your BOINC/data folder and change the work_fetch_debug value to 1 and look in your messages tab. If you can't figure out something obvious from there, there's probably someone that can interpret the messages, maybe on the Rosetta forums?

More details on cc config options are Client configuration - BOINC

Code:
<cc_config>
   <log_flags>
       <app_msg_receive>0</app_msg_receive>
       <app_msg_send>0</app_msg_send>
       <benchmark_debug>0</benchmark_debug>
       <checkpoint_debug>0</checkpoint_debug> 
       <coproc_debug>0</coproc_debug>
       <cpu_sched>0</cpu_sched>
       <cpu_sched_debug>0</cpu_sched_debug>
       <cpu_sched_status>0</cpu_sched_status>
       <dcf_debug>0</dcf_debug>
       <debt_debug>0</debt_debug>
       <file_xfer>0</file_xfer>
       <file_xfer_debug>0</file_xfer_debug>
       <guirpc_debug>0</guirpc_debug>
       <http_debug>0</http_debug>
       <http_xfer_debug>0</http_xfer_debug>
       <mem_usage_debug>0</mem_usage_debug>
       <network_status_debug>0</network_status_debug>
       <poll_debug>0</poll_debug>
       <proxy_debug>0</proxy_debug>
       <rr_simulation>0</rr_simulation>
       <sched_ops>0</sched_ops>
       <sched_op_debug>0</sched_op_debug>
       <scrsave_debug>0</scrsave_debug>
       <slot_debug>0</slot_debug>
       <state_debug>0</state_debug>
       <std_debug>0</std_debug>
       <task>0</task>
       <task_debug>0</task_debug>
       <time_debug>0</time_debug>
       <unparsed_xml>0</unparsed_xml> 
       <work_fetch_debug>0</work_fetch_debug>
    </log_flags>
    <options>
        <no_priority_change>0</no_priority_change>
        <start_delay>0</start_delay>
    </options>
</cc_config>

the orthopedics users are running rosetta from the entire building or something.. look at their top users pcs :p

I'm still having love-hate relationship with seti. I thought I got it settled a few days ago when I had more cached than my CPU could burn though but I ran out again yesterday and I'm still having a hard time dowloading new stuff so I switched back to Rosetta for now. 2 PCs crunching, my third still has some seti WU left.

Having issues on my main box.
RAC is going to fall like a rock for a week or two here :(

Not really, the part in question is under warranty so I should have a new one in a week or two. Naturally all RMA departments are closed on saturday!
Shouldn't be more then a week or two apparently.

Thanks for the offer though!

Well, whatever we're doing, keep doing it. We must have just claimed a bunch of backed points because we shot up 4 K in the last day!

I would like to point out that I currently have the #1 AMD single-physical-core processor on the entire project (my 1090T @ 4.0 ghz 24/7). I would further like to point out that I have the #1 AMD single-physical-core QUAD-CORE processor on the entire project (my 740BE running as a quad core @ 3.6ghz 24/7).

My two rigs are both numero freaking UNO in their respective classes.

I challenge all of you to do better!

I would like to point out that I currently have the #1 AMD single-physical-core processor on the entire project (my 1090T @ 4.0 ghz 24/7). I would further like to point out that I have the #1 AMD single-physical-core QUAD-CORE processor on the entire project (my 740BE running as a quad core @ 3.6ghz 24/7).

My two rigs are both numero freaking UNO in their respective classes.

I challenge all of you to do better!

I dunno Son, I don't think anyone can beat you. Hmmmmm. ;)

See the Event Status thread for more info. ;)

EDIT:

1000 POSTS! SEVEN GORRAM ORANGE STARS! YEEEEEAH!

/it's been five years in the making
//thank you to the OCF community for making me a better tweaker, a better overclocker, a better hardware junkie, and a better lover
///of hardware

Last edited:
Back