• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, had to go get the warm fuzzy back in the house. SM says they didn't do anything... Ram slots working, also some minor stuttering in the onboard graphics seems to be gone.

Maybe USPS? Fed-Ex? The board may have just wanted a trip to California, dunno. Just got it up and running, back to crunching.

Well been over a week, everyone ready for Christmas?
Rigs crunching merrily away. Plugged a 7950 vid card into the main desktop and sent it folding. Wife's former desktop has been shut down, just the MP AMD rigs on Rosie.

Was going to put a 280x and the 7950 on SETI, but the 280 died (former folding and mining card) and help was a little sporadic optimizing SETI, so the 7950 went folding. Really should read the set-up guides, Wife's desktop is running XP still, and can't gpu fold on XP.

Merry Christmas!

I kinda treated myself to a couple, not so earth shattering goodies. Placed an order yesterday for a pr of Spotswood tech trays. One for the 4p and one for the 2p systems, and asked that they be stackable. Rigs are currently caseless on a table. Feels a little like Russian roulette with 5 cats in the house... On a side note, got a box of spare parts headed my way. We'll see what can be pieced together with that when it arrives.

Does anybody even read this babble?

Very cool. :cool:

Believe it or not, that's what I was trying for. ;)

Oh, btw, box of spare parts with a Canada Post sticker on it showed up.

Very cool. :cool:

Believe it or not, that's what I was trying for. ;)

Oh, btw, box of spare parts with a Canada Post sticker on it showed up.

I hope you can get that board and processor up and running. The board is a good clocker, and I'm pretty sure I had that CPU at 4GHz for daily running with that Heatsink. Should give a nice 4-5K bump to the RAC.

I'll take a closer look this weekend. Got to pick up an i7-930, Rampage III setup also.
If this all works out, can retire the 9550 and 9850be.

I'm pushing the power circuits of this mobile home. Battery charger hooked up outside popped the breaker 3 times yesterday. Shut down 1 machine and all was well. If I didn't rent, the wiring would be fixed already. Maybe move a desktop to the kitchen....

That 9550 & Gigabyte board was one of my favorite setups along with the Foxconn Bloodrage & i7-920. Such fun in the benching days!
I'll take a closer look this weekend. Got to pick up an i7-930, Rampage III setup also.
If this all works out, can retire the 9550 and 9850be.

I'm pushing the power circuits of this mobile home. Battery charger hooked up outside popped the breaker 3 times yesterday. Shut down 1 machine and all was well. If I didn't rent, the wiring would be fixed already. Maybe move a desktop to the kitchen....

Cue funky way-back music...

That 9550 & Gigabyte board was one of my favorite setups along with the Foxconn Bloodrage & i7-920. Such fun in the benching days!
Good buys for me in the classies too!
Ok, back to current time :D, Car broke down so the 930 isn't happening :rain:. Tech trays did show up for the MP boards.

Production in the toilet today. MP rigs shut down for the tech trays. Borked the OS on one, reloaded that and back crunching.
Those are back up, but they were down for most of the day.

Nothing done with desktops yet. Hard to believe, I had to order a couple DVI->VGA adapters. 2 port KVM is VGA.
Have to get desktops on another circuit, so out to the living room they go.

This weeks saga. 2 desktops out to the living room. Tried to get a mini itx/ i5 combo crunching, was just enough to push circuit to the limit, cooked the power strip... (and popped the breaker). Rigs up and running except the mini itx. Spare HDD's dead, pair of 80gb and a 250gb to the scrap heap. Guess I can't expect old folding hardware to last forever.

Did get the water pump changed in Wife's desktop, now I can put the side panel back on.

Newest update. More spare drives on their way. i5 still not crunching, got to do stability testing on the OC. (did find a hdd for it though)
Wife's desktop failing, just trying to finish up its current work units. Keeps locking up. Before it would lock up every few days, now it's every few hours. Testing scheduled for the weekend.

Well, crappy week so far.
Wife's desktop I thought F@H may be causing the problem. Finished folding unit this morning and found it locked up when I got home from work...
Checked on MP rigs, awful cool when I hit that room. On the 4p the BOINC manager is running, but not Rosetta. Reboots haven't straightened it out. Cold boot didn't help, left it shut down for the day. Was running fine yesterday. (on Ubuntu)

Update, (yes it's 5:30 on a Sunday morning...)

4p running, another 250gig drive died, though I did pick up some spares this week.
9850be should finish it's last Rosie unit within the hour, then that one goes down for testing. (surprised it's stayed running.)
i5, was running but acting "flaky". Old 74gig Raptor checked out fine (repeatedly). Ran Memtest overnight, whole lotta red this morning.
pulled a stick out of the 4p (standard ddr3, 4gig) and re-running memtest now. Hopefully it'll be up this evening. Heatspreaders are to tall to get a 2nd stick in, hits the HSF.

Well, it's now 8:45pm. Knock wood, everything is up and running. We'll see how long that lasts...

Last edited:
Tinkering around the house, all rigs running. Going through spare parts and may get another q6600 machine going.

Strange thing I noticed (don't know if anybody else has), I add more power and PolRoger gets further away in PPD... hmmm :confused:
I've even checked to make sure I've got the correct user name on my clients. Oh well, it's all good :cool:

Can't really add much more. I'm at the limit of the power system on this trailer. If I add more, I have to use it to replace something else. If the q6600 clocks decent, it'll replace the 9850be.

It'll let me edit, q6600 on hold. Got another psu on it's way, so I'll wait for that. No point in taking down a producing rig to power it.

Last edited:
Sneaky, lol :sn:

Soo, if I add any more it has to be clandestine? Under cover of darkness?
Cue "Mission Impossible" music...:D

Like I stated earlier, if I add more, something has to go.
In an odd way, I feel honored that I can push you just a little. Good for the team, good for the project. :)

Hey, it's the weekend so donuts must be putting out fires somewhere. (figuratively not literally)

4p was only showing 60-75% processor usage yesterday. Reboots were only a temporary fix as within a couple hours it would drop back down.
ending up re-installing BOINC, and that seems to have fixed it.

i5 had the chip yanked out, replaced with an i7 I pick up off flea-bay. Currently priming @3.5, took voltage to get it to that... oh well, it does have HT.

9550 randomly shut down about 4:30 am. Even in safe mode, while running a disk check, it would shut down. (yes, I was awake.) 3 passes of memtest complete so far, though I believe that a HDD swap and Windows re-install is in my future...

If so, that's 4 dead drives and 2 that are not long for the world, In how many weeks??
Cost of running antique hardware.

Edit: about 8:15pm. 4p still dropping cores, just not as quick. i7 running. I've forgotten what a joy it is to re-install Windows... (ugh, that one back up and running.)

Last edited:
Back