• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't know if anyone noticed yet, but all rigs shut down. I'll be back when the temperatures drop. I will have my 3930k rig crunching, but currently it's running "prime". O.C. became unstable when I changed out the video card.

There will be a couple changes to my line-up. Little H55/i870 combo has been replaced. Got a nice Maximus VII Hero combo sitting here.
8320e has a new board. I'll get it ready by fall, now it needs a new water pump. (pump runs fine, as long as I beat it with my Maglight to jumpstart it.) Oh, 4p has a cousin coming to stay. Just picked up another 4p (48 core) from the classies.
The challenge is going to be balancing the power as to not pop a breaker.

Well, we sure appreciate your contribution! Both to the Team's RAC and to the activity in this forum.

am i the only one not getting new WU's? not sure when it happened since i cant get to my stats page since the FAH.edu page is different, i dont see where to log in.

I set my BOINC to not receive any more WU's yesterday, since it's getting really hot here and I'll be shutting down for a while. Hence, I'm not sure, but I don't think I was having any problems.
Server Status on the Rosetta home page looks good across the board though. Login link is in the upper right corner of the Rosetta Homepage(it's tiny!). Server Status check is directly below that.

hmm i didnt see, will look agian. i did notice on the DL page that it looks like a non-bonic program now but im not sure havent installed it. the hex core i did upgrade to windows 10 to check it out so i dont know if its that. right now its been about a week or so and no work...

hmm i didnt see, will look agian. i did notice on the DL page that it looks like a non-bonic program now but im not sure havent installed it. the hex core i did upgrade to windows 10 to check it out so i dont know if its that. right now its been about a week or so and no work...
Hmmmm.... Windows 10 is an element I didn't consider; I'm still on 7.
See if perhaps you have to add minirosetta to your list of exceptions on your antivirus software or something. That might be causing some f*ckery. Not sure tbh.
I can recall having to do that(on Kaspersky) until quite recently on Windows 7, perhaps Windows 10 has reverted in that regard. Who knows?
Said Minirosetta:
mre.jpg

i have the firewall and antivirus disabled but i do recall reading things get reset after an update. though i dont recall any updates but i have noticed a few times being at the login screen a few times. though i know the oc is stable since all was fine under windows 7 so maybe it was a auto update or two. i will mess with a it a bit later, all this messing with stuff to keep it logged in is getting on my nerves though.

Good morning, been a little scarce lately. (anybody notice that I'm not spamming this forum? :)) The one rig I'm running is on Win 10 home, and still processing work fine. Though the auto re-boots are not my favorite. (This is stock on my hex-core, board will no longer hold an OC)

Can you access anything on the left side of the Boinc manager (Projects tab)

I'll tell you what I did notice, I'm no longer on the first page for total credit. :mad: I'm going to have to change that, even if I can only run at night when the temps are low. :D

Alrighty, my RAC is building with the 4770k. I've left it running 24x7 and it doesn't seem to be adversely affecting my room temps, additional cpu watts is maybe equivalent to a light bulb always on. I think I can handle that 24x7 to keep a healthy RAC going forward to help this awesome team.

I also want to get this JaguarBoard with its Atom Z3735G SoC crunching Rosie, might only be a few hundred RAC but it should help and with a small fan hopefully it won't burn out the board. Speaking of SBCs, is there a BOINC/Rosie client for ARM?

It's good to be back, back in black, the bbbbBen.World.Order!

image.jpeg

Anyone find decent Black Friday deals?
I pulled the trigger on a 16GB set of Gskill TridentX 2400 CL10's from Newegg.ca.
$140CDN shipped express to my door, which is ~$95USD given today's exchange rate.
We'll see how they stack up against my Dominator Platinum 1600 CL7's.

Well, it's happening again.
Let's summarize Rosie since Christmas. It's up, it's down, it's up, it's down... 2 rigs out of work and about 500 complete work units that I'm trying to return. SIGH!
I was hoping it would get better after the Holidays...

Shortly after posting that, work went out and more came in, guess on an "up" swing. Only news I saw was concerning a power outage around Christmas.
Almost seems like the project has taken a back seat again...

Well, I'll be shutting down for a while. Time to re-evaluate. Only have 3 rigs left, hardware failures have taken out the rest. Just ticked "no new work", so I will finish out what I have.

Financially, I really can't continue. 4p's are power hogs, and HOT!. Also 2 of the 3 are 4p's... The 48 core is showing it's age, granted credit is 1/2-2/3 of claimed credit. Don't know why, maybe something in the architecture? The 64 core is running pretty close to claimed credit. The 64 core (6276) is stock @2.3ghz. The 48 core (6176) is OC'd to 2.5ghz. I overclocked it hoping the increase in clockspeed would help the points. Nothing noticeable.
Doesn't help that it's been warm here, currently have windows open and fans running, still 70+ in the house.

Project issues are just the final straw that broke the donut.

Howdy, all! How's everyone doing?!
Listen, I'm thinking of getting a Rosie event going soon, so I just wanted to give everyone a head's up.
I'll have a chat with the powers that be to see if we can get prizes lined up from some of the companies that produce the awesome products we use and abuse on a daily basis.
If that doesn't pan out, I'll see to it regardless that there's a nice prize once a week during the month that the event is on!
Stay tuned, and feel free to chime in. There's not nearly enough activity in this forum!

Last edited:
Back