• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

I see a few familiar names on the Rosetta O/C team:
Sir_Loin, Thideras, Sun Red RX-7, muddocktor, karbon, THF, etc.

And 2 newcomers besides myself:
Blake and ben.world.order

Right now our RAC (recent average credits), is just 3K+ per day. TPF (The Pirate Fleet, aka The Pirate's Stinky Feet :p ), is 22K+ per day.

So we've got our work cut out for us if we want to catch 'em (aka get past the stench of their toe-jam). :)

Which is to say, it'll be a blast! :clap:

I don't know about you, but this is still folding, and I don't like our O/C team being passed up by every yahoo team riding the waves in their little rubber duckies, waving their Popsicle stick that they've "made" into a "cutlass".

I vote we do the honorable thing here, and smoke 'em! :burn: :burn: :burn:

Last edited:
Since I'm doing GPU folding, I have nothing against switching my server over and all systems that are doing the GPU client since the CPU is basically idle ;)

I also have a new single core p4 system doing nothing, I'll throw it on that along with two laptops.

*remotes into server*

I was about to retire the old dual opty, oh well...I guess it can do Rosetta for a while. After the Tissue Paper Flotilla.

We should be in the top 100 teams by the end of today, moving up from our current #101 position.

That will put The Pirates Stinky Feet Team, clearly into our cross hairs on the stats page. :)

If anyone finds a better stats page for Rosetta than the "stock" stats page linked from the Rosetta home page, please post it up. EOC this is *not*. :p

Who else can we lure into helping us sink some rubber ducky idjits, waving popsicle sticks?

Inquiring rubber ducky assassins want to know. :sn: :sn:

"Tissue paper flotilla" - I like that Donuts!

www.boincstats.com

The X2 (3.4ghz) is online and crunching
The e3110 is downloading info now, should be online shortly
The e6850 is downloading info now, should be online shortly

P4 and laptops are offline :-/

Go get em, everyone. When I get in next week I'll throw a few machines back on Rosetta too. That should give those pirate dudes pause and then after we pass them we can go spam their forums (if they have one). ;)

BTW, I do have an upgrade coming in next week. I couldn't resist and bought one of those Q6600/P5Q Pro combo's that Newegg had on sale yesterday. So one of my old DC AMD rigs will go inactive and it will go active in it's place.

EDIT: I ran Rosetta back when Seti's server bit the big one last year. When I ran it, I had no problems with it whatsoever. :thup:

Great find, Blake!

Wonderful to see so many join us in the attack!! I switched my server over for 6 hours, but it wasn't able to get work, yet.

Deja Vu! :)

It's now back to finishing up it's last three FAH WU's. Hopefully, the Rosetta project will be able to give out work by then.

Due to the lack of work, we'll still be ranked #101 on the teams list, for one more day. :(

All of my systems have work, except for my quad. I've had it running for a couple of days trying to get work from rosetta@home and nothing. If I have no work on it by tonight it goes offline, in the meantime I'm crunching some seti units to at least give it something to do.

I just now (Sunday 3:00 pm PDT) got WU's from Rosetta. :)

I checked their server status page several times yesterday and earlier today, and it shows all servers are running, and work is available.

Clearly, this is a project, like SETI, where you want to cache some WU's away. I changed my Rosetta preferences file to "5" days, for "at home", and 5 days also, for "Network Settings".

Right now, my server (a dual quad), has finished it's FAH WU's, and will try to get some Rosetta WU's, to fold on, and to cache some WU's for future use.

Good luck with your rigs, Hamm3r and Ben!

A bit of a rocky start on this project.

Last edited:
Somehow, it is not fair to be sandwiched right between "Tollhouse Frank" (aka the chocolate chip cookie man), and "donuts", in our Rosetta team ranking, when you're trying to lose a few pounds.

Fortunately, I'm not trying to lose a few pounds, so I'm in luck! :p :p :p

I see Atom has joined us - thanks & welcome, Evilsizer! :)

Since the WU's came out so late in the day, it will be at least one more day before our team breaks into the top 100 team ranking. (*IF* we can continue to get work throughout the day and evening).

Last edited:
Interesting team trivia:

• Our team's founder couldn't get work, so he quit, having never folded a single WU! :-/
  • We were ranked #40 team in the world, two years ago, and have been pushed downward ever since.
  • We lost two places in the team ranking, in the last 7 days. :(
  • Our RAC is currenly at #180 on the teams ranking. :eh?:

Today, we start :burn: :burn: :burn: :)

Interesting team trivia:

• Our team's founder couldn't get work, so he quit, having never folded a single WU! :-/
  • We were ranked #40 team in the world, two years ago, and have been pushed downward ever since.
  • We lost two places in the team ranking, in the last 7 days. :(
  • Our RAC is currenly at #180 on the teams ranking. :eh?:

Today, we start :burn: :burn: :burn: :)

May I suggest that it is more efficient to put oars on both sides of the boat this time?

My quad got some work yesterday as well, the bWo contingent is running at full steam!

Back