• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What card <=200$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it did work, why not? Stop being a blatant Nvidia fanboy.

well, considering that I've bashed nVidia far more then ATI on this forum, I find that remark funny as hell...:D
heck, I still even have an ATI x800pro in my water cooled rig right now, and have had it installed since I got it, many years ago.

I have bucked the trend way back then, just like I am doing right now.
(although my reasons then were far stronger, then why I am now)
in fact, I also used the 9700, and 9800 type cards from ATI before the x800...
again, bucking the trends, and going with cards that were down right better, even if they lost a benchmark by a frame or two.

so if I ask a question as to why you would even try an untested combo on a motherboard, when clearly a safer way is avalable....THAT MAKES ME A FAN BOY?

since I was the first to reply with well detailed reasons as to why he should use nvidia cards, and the fact that you agree with me...what does that make you?
(if it even makes you anything at all)

the simple fact is that all I have done in the past few months is disprove rumors and fud on this forum....
something that makes us all better informed.

so if I would reply to a statement for someone like this:
fud said:
Bad thing about the 9800GTX though is that it requires two PCI-Express connectors and it doesn't over-clock as well.

the OCing ability from the 9800GTX type cards do quite well.
here is close to my max OC on my 9800GTX KO cards.
(you'll note that at the time, I was able to beat Brollocks results in GPU scores from his 4850 cards, and I also did it with a far slower CPU/ram system)
2653447893_57e21990e8_b.jpg

also, each card only uses one PCI-E connector...not two as was posted.

so hungry, am I an nvidia fan because I corected the truth? or a fanboy as you stated?

if I were to disprove other falsehoods or rumors, would that make me a fanboy then?
because trust me, there are a few rumors in this thread alone, that are just not true.
yet, I'm a fanboy because why again?

the simple fact is that adding two 4850's to a water cooled system that might not have good case cooling is more or less the worst thing to do.
it will raise case temps, and the temps of other parts inside his case to the point that he might have to lower the speed of his OCed CPU and memory.
if anything...THAT IS WHY NOT!

mica

Back