• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny Craigs list posts...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think some people have a hard time understanding the computer they dumped 5k into a year ago is worth half that now.

He modded the case by adding a sickass GPU fan, the price tag is for the intensive labor he spent doing that.

You guys don't know what he's been through!!!

:rolleyes:

He modded the case by adding a sickass GPU fan, the price tag is for the intensive labor he spent doing that.

You guys don't know what he's been through!!!

:rolleyes:

Who really cares...Its out dated technology.. 8K worth of stuff, not worth a $3700 investment to become a "NEW" system for someone else. That person would be buying older technology... When in fact if you spent that same $3700 on today's technology you'll get a much better system.

Current prices are:
8800GTX 768MB: $450-$600 each
QX6700: Nearly $500
150GB Raptor: $170
Striker Extreme: $275

So, at least $2000 new (don't forget the monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc.), possibly $2500 if you buy everything at high prices. And none of the hardware is exactly old. Last generation, yes, but not old.

A similar system from Alienware would cost the same, and the only real difference between the CL system and an Alienware system is the lack of warranty from the CL guy.

Current prices are:
8800GTX 768MB: $450-$600 each
QX6700: Nearly $500
150GB Raptor: $170
Striker Extreme: $275

So, at least $2000 new (don't forget the monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc.), possibly $2500 if you buy everything at high prices. And none of the hardware is exactly old. Last generation, yes, but not old.

A similar system from Alienware would cost the same, and the only real difference between the CL system and an Alienware system is the lack of warranty from the CL guy.

The QX6700 is only $375 and thats OEM. Remember this stuff is almost 2 years old. The 150gig Raptors are used... Plus the 8800GTX would be a bad buy at this point. I know many people who upgraded from an 8800GTX and went to a GTX 280, which BTW is only $429. So why would I buy this for $3700. I sent this guy an e-mail telling him this same thing... Maybe $2000 to $2500 max.

check our craigs list costa rica - computer section

i laugh every day when i see what people are selling and what they want for it.. iam about ready to sell all our works systems and make abotu $10k in profit and buy all new ones and still pocket $5k

The QX6700 is only $375 and thats OEM. Remember this stuff is almost 2 years old. The 150gig Raptors are used... Plus the 8800GTX would be a bad buy at this point. I know many people who upgraded from an 8800GTX and went to a GTX 280, which BTW is only $429. So why would I buy this for $3700. I sent this guy an e-mail telling him this same thing... Maybe $2000 to $2500 max.

I'm not arguing that you'd have to either be ignorant or an idiot (or both) to pay the listed price for it, just like you'd have to be ignorant or an idiot (or both) to buy a gaming system from Alienware. My point was that his price isn't really as far out of line for the ignorant/idiot category as people are making it out to be.

My favorite Craigslist story is the guy that advertised Pot in his ad, The state police contacted him ( Incognito of course), Set up a buy and busted his arse. Talk about a true genius.

My favorite Craigslist story is the guy that advertised Pot in his ad, The state police contacted him ( Incognito of course), Set up a buy and busted his arse. Talk about a true genius.

Hahaha that guy had to be stoned when he posted that

Back