• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internal USB thumb Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

Alright, here's one for you guys. I want to plug a usb thumb drive internally so I can back up my games and not have to worry about losing them because of a reformat (which seems to happen about once a month :bang head). Is there a way to do this cleanly

WHy waste the money? Just plug it into one of your rear usb ports. You can either leave it plugged in or unplug it when your done backing up.

WHy waste the money? Just plug it into one of your rear usb ports. You can either leave it plugged in or unplug it when your done backing up.

Or you could buy a cheap 3ft male to female usb cord and run it into your case via an open case slot.

And you all call yourselve's modder's :screwy: why do we do half of what we do to our computers.
I just want to start a project, also I want this to be as secure as possible, and seeing as windows won't install on a flash drive, than there isn't as big of a chance that I'll over write it.
Also, usb drives on the outside, can still fall off and be lost/broken.

Take a look at this: LINK

OMG!!! i visit that site often and didnt know they had that. i was tring to find something like that. that way i could get the wireless nic and transmitter for the mouse in the case instead of on the back usb ports. here i was starting to think i would need to make my own since i found nothing. man o man! thanks for the link Vinny! :attn:

OMG!!! i visit that site often and didnt know they had that. i was tring to find something like that. that way i could get the wireless nic and transmitter for the mouse in the case instead of on the back usb ports. here i was starting to think i would need to make my own since i found nothing. man o man! thanks for the link Vinny! :attn:

0_o
That sound's awsome, I might have to do that too

yea dap i was thinking about that,a while back, when i started to ponder a "Atom" farm for seti. using the internal USB headers to house the Wireless nic and the Thumb drive that would have linux on it. that way i didnt have to worry about thing on the back getting broken.

If you have a steel case I don't know how well it will transmit through steel however..

ever drive under a bridge and have the radio cut out? :p

well there is way more steel in a bridge then the case. im using some cheap case with some thin steel so it shouldnt be to bad.. either way my usb wireless nic is attached to a long USB cable so i can get good signal.

Just be sure that if you reformat, you do NOT format the USB stick. It is very easy to do if you're not paying attention and are trying to figure out why the unformatted partitions won't merge. :bang head lol

speaking of formatting usb thumbrives, I have a tool from HP I used to make a bootable USB driver for flashing my bios...worked quite well actually...

Is it just windows you are not supposed to use to format a usb drive?

Back