• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Q9650's .. :P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

The Q9650 has appeared on overclockers.co.uk and I'm very tempted .. 9x Multi, E0 stepping, 3GHz @ stock & 12MB of L2 :drool:

But is it worth the £315 (thats ~$630) price tag? Has the new stepping got rid of the C1's annoying 450-475 FSB wall? Even if it hasn't, the 9x multi and 450FSB yeilds 4GHz .. :drool:

personally I am thinking go with the A9550 atm. But I am waiting for core i7 to be released so that I can see how the old quad prices are affected, if they drop enough maybe the Q9650 will become more viable. Price difference between 9650 and 9550 atm is £150 ($300)

and if that kind of price is pocket change to you, you might as well get an extreme core hehe :)

I'm too impatient to wait for i7 .. lol .. I'm 16 so nothing is pocket change, but I get paid at the end of the month (~£900) and that'll be my upgrade for the next fair bit I think .. It's either get the Q9650 or an E8600 .. so ~4GHz Quad or ~4.5GHz wolfie .. Decisions decisions!

Anubis_386 WOW only 16 I am impressed your knowledge and the way you help people around here belies your age well done.:thup:
Also nice work saving to get a setup like you have, many people here must be envious of it.
Including me.

Back