• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WAR Hammer Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do have to say that defending a fort by pouring hot oil down on the enemy's battering ram is a 1st for me :)
Using cannons to defend your position in RvR puts you in a first person shooter mindset and that is a heck of a lot of fun. Being lvl 1, jumping right into RvR and taking down a lvl 8, and lvling all the way to lvl 4 just due to pvp before even doing a single quest is just golden. This game is exactly what I have been waiting for.

Yes indeed that is great, PvP get XP, gold and gear. PvE get XP, Gold and Gear. Its a win win in my book. Benifit of this over EVE si if I die I don't loose everything which makes me go at it more careless about PvP but still nice and fun and not spending a few hours re-cooping, your back in the action within a few min.

I killed a guy 1 on 1 my level and got like 2300 exp for it and a green drop the other day... Priceless. Let's see WoW do that any year soon!

Well I am all set. Got logged into the vent server and got my pre-order purchased. Just waiting on the promo keys to be sent, Amazon says it takes the WAR marketing department 24/48 to send.

Here is hoping it gets here by tomorrow :)

Now is there a new download for the Full version of the game or can we use the beta download? Curious if I should be looking out for a big download here today or tomorrow.

I killed a guy 1 on 1 my level and got like 2300 exp for it and a green drop the other day... Priceless. Let's see WoW do that any year soon!

Now is there a new download for the Full version of the game or can we use the beta download? Curious if I should be looking out for a big download here today or tomorrow.

Beta download will work, if you played the last day of open beta, there will be just one or two small patches, basically removing the beta images and the removal of the NDA.

Beta download will work, if you played the last day of open beta, there will be just one or two small patches, basically removing the beta images and the removal of the NDA.

Excellent cool. Saves on the nice 9.3Gig download. Sucks though as I don't feel like its actually installed per say. Good for a reinstall on the system :)

LOL I was lvl 15 at the end of beta and spent a full day at 15 focusing on just defending a fort and messing around with the cannons to have fun since the character was about to get erased.

AH DUDE WEAK!!! Sunday before the headstart comes I go to the restoom and I come back and my screen is black. I turn the computer off, turn it back on.... Vista makes the loading sound but still only black. Do this a few times still hear sound and no visual. Video card dead right? Nope I try in another system boots up fine. I am guessing at this point its the motherboard... I mean I will go home and reset CMOS and see if it is something else but I dont see what. I am running 8800gt dvi-hdmi on my tv. I can try a regular monitor because it can be any combonation of my HDMI stuff between the tv, cable and box but I dont think so. Frigging Asus P5Q pci-e port is probably bad and it only has one so I cant move it. Man tomorrow was supposed to be my day off, birthday and my head start in WAR but now I have to get another board. :p Think I am going to just buy a 750i FTW and RMA the Asus and sell it later.

AH DUDE WEAK!!! Sunday before the headstart comes I go to the restoom and I come back and my screen is black. I turn the computer off, turn it back on.... Vista makes the loading sound but still only black. Do this a few times still hear sound and no visual. Video card dead right? Nope I try in another system boots up fine. I am guessing at this point its the motherboard... I mean I will go home and reset CMOS and see if it is something else but I dont see what. I am running 8800gt dvi-hdmi on my tv. I can try a regular monitor because it can be any combonation of my HDMI stuff between the tv, cable and box but I dont think so. Frigging Asus P5Q pci-e port is probably bad and it only has one so I cant move it. Man tomorrow was supposed to be my day off, birthday and my head start in WAR but now I have to get another board. :p Think I am going to just buy a 750i FTW and RMA the Asus and sell it later.

do it quick, we need you online. :clap:

now I just have to say, I love this game :D

only just started, but the leveling process makes wow look like watching paint dry :)

my favorite 10 parts are:

1. you get xp from pvp

2. you can join scenarios (battlegrounds) from anywhere in the world and it teleports you back to whrere you were before you entered. this means you can pvp AND pve at the same time

3. public quests are a nice new addition, quite a fun and safe way to test your char, I do have a concern with these though, hopefully they will settle down, but when I was on last night there was 50 people at each one, meaning your own contribution was tiny, then this morning no-one was doing any so it made the final 2steps a nightmare to complete. Fingers crossed there will normall be the 'right' number around for them

4. The system requirements aren't high at all, my ancient machine runs it just fine

5. decent ambient noise, sucks you into the atmosphere alot more than wow

6. Very easy to understand and get into, introduces you to new concepts very fluidly and easily

7. your lvl scales in pvp so you dont just get squashed like a bug, even at lvl 1 I felt I was useful in gate of ekrund

8. Tome of knowledge, fun to see when you unlock achievements

9. no stupidly low drop chances (that iv seen yet), ie go get boar meat and then only 1/100 boars actually drop meat

10. seperate bag for quest drops.

nywayz, back at work now, so no more playing for 8 hours :( lol

IT'S GAME DAY!!! well for a huge amount of people anyway... I'll be in game from about 4pm est through to about midnight. Names in game will be:
DaPoets
DaPoetes
Poetisis
Poets
Dap

yeah I know 5 characters... But DaPoets will be my main character which will either be the DoK or Zealot so send me tells in game for guild invites. There will be a fair amount of organized events like everyone getting special cloaks, scenarios, dungeons, tome unlocks, etc... Guilds can level up and by lvl 6 we can form aliances and even more funky things as the lvl progresses.

the US early access only started today? Europe started yesterday at 9am GMT (standard edition)

have fun :D release day is crazy, soooooo many people in the starting area, thankfully repsawn rates seemed to keep up for me :)

Well seeing how you all accross the pond got kinda screwed, it's fitting you started a bit early. Enjoy!

Back