• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WAR Hammer Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I'm done for today, had a lot of fun, especially in RvR.
Shamans really suck damage wise but I've managed to grab a few 1st place spots in Public Quests cause people are stupid lol.
Also RvR seems to be heavily about which side has the most tanks. If Destruction has more tanks and they push, they win. If order has more tanks and they push, they win. Just now I played a round where we had 2 only 2 Black orcs and the rest goblins...and Order had like 5 tanks, we lost pretty bad. Goblins are pretty squishy.
So far Destruction has won 2/3 of the time though.

Also, lots of lag during peak hours, weird glitches with monsters (they can attack you but you cant). I hope that's fixed by lunch.

Definetly pre-ordering the game. Beta is until Friday or Saturday I think.

dang, what a short beta. Release date is expected in a month or so I guess.
I would expect typical pre-beta during live launch.

dang, what a short beta. Release date is expected in a month or so I guess.
I would expect typical pre-beta during live launch.

Release is the 18th... like 10 days or so. The collectors edition gets in if not mistaken the 14th and the regular edition gets in the 15th. Think thats how its working out to be.

hmmm mayb i will preorder the game. if im going to play it will want to be with a bunch of you guys. so i dont wanna find out the server ur all on is full from day 1

How is Pvp in terms of things that remove control of your character, IE spell interupts movement impairing effects, fears and stuns? Those were the things that have made me hate pvp in most games I have done it in.

How is Pvp in terms of things that remove control of your character, IE spell interupts movement impairing effects, fears and stuns? Those were the things that have made me hate pvp in most games I have done it in.
I havent seen a stun yet at lvl 10, and but I know shamans and other classes get Silence as well as a slow of some sort later on.

I've been stuck for 5 seconds so yes it does happen. Benifit at least to the RvR doing that don't loose any XP at least. But you get XP, RP, and money for fighting. Its a win win. Still need to do other things because while the level will treat you well, its the gear that ends up helping out alot in those battles. Went from crap gear to guess half way decent and it made a huge difference.

Oh another thing I noticed. This definatly is a multi-cored game. It was using 80-90% of my CPU power playing. Was getting nice FPS thoughout the whole thing too. Doesn't seem to be CF enabled but getting 45-100FPS with everything cranked, lots of people on the screen, in window mode (1680x1050) is great in my book.

It's open beta until the game launches. Helborg probably will not be the main server we choose because we want to be on a nicely populated server but not one that is full and you have to wait in line to just play the game. Helborg was the lowest popluated server in the entire list of servers when I chose it so that just goes to show you that you have to wait a few days to pick a server that will be a good population w/ out wait times which is what I said about a month ago. The permanent server will be picked a day or 2 after the game goes live but until then, enjoy helborg server. I have a lvl 10, 8, 5, and some 3's and really enjoy the Disciple of Khaine and the Zealot. It is nice that you can rez others while in combat too.

Be patient, play on a random server when it goes live, and a day or two later I'll post a good server for all of us to be on with no wait times to get in game.

Thought Helborg was decently populated when I got into it, with Med to High level's of people in it, only a few lag spikes. Haven't been waiting at all to get in which is a plus.

It's open beta until the game launches. Helborg probably will not be the main server we choose because we want to be on a nicely populated server but not one that is full and you have to wait in line to just play the game. Helborg was the lowest popluated server in the entire list of servers when I chose it so that just goes to show you that you have to wait a few days to pick a server that will be a good population w/ out wait times which is what I said about a month ago. The permanent server will be picked a day or 2 after the game goes live but until then, enjoy helborg server. I have a lvl 10, 8, 5, and some 3's and really enjoy the Disciple of Khaine and the Zealot. It is nice that you can rez others while in combat too.

Be patient, play on a random server when it goes live, and a day or two later I'll post a good server for all of us to be on with no wait times to get in game.
I'm almost lvl 10 as well. We should RvR today :D
I'm loving my shaman. It's really awesome when your teammate is about to die and you save them and then help them kill the enemy.
my char name is Unreal btw, add me guys.
I like the learning curve for playing Shaman too. It's not easy to play but not hard; you gotta know when to run when to heal and when to do damage. So far I've been doing very well in PQ and Scenarios (I often get the highest healed).

Last edited:
there are Great things and Terrible things about this game and we should spill it out. Be harsh so everything that needs to be said is said.

I'm lvl 10 at the time of this writing and I want to know, where the hell are the instances. Yeah the RvR instances for pvp are there but I want some PVE instances. We were doing Wailing Caverns by this time if I remember. PVE instances give you a benchmark for how well your skills and gear are and to be honest, just fighting mobs my same level as I level just shows me that I'm at par, but when you do a PVE instance you get your *** kicked the 1st few times but as your gear gets better (and skill) then that instance gets easier then turns to farm mode.

Still some random bugs but it is BETA and even though it's BETA it is a HECK of a lot more polished than WoW was after the 1st year WoW was live... well maybe 6 months. We do have to Mythic a hand and cudos for that. I can't tell you how many times I saw a dead body sliding along the ground in front of me in WoW well after a year into the game...

My /special is lame (zealot) and they need to fix that.

A BIG POSITIVE is that the flight paths are nearly instant travel. No more 15 minute go to the bathroom, make a sandwhich, and mow the lawn flight paths that are a f*ckin waste of time in WoW. a Quick CGI animation, map load, and you are at your destination! And you don't have to "discover" the flight master either, you just walk onto that new map and walk back to that old flight master that you know and you can fly to that new map. EASY! After years in WoW, there are still flight paths I don't have because I couldn't find the little F*cker.

A BIG NEG... kinda... Well the Quests are cool and all if you read them, but well, you don't have to read a single quest if you don't want to. Just spam accept all quests in the area, look at your map, and run to the read areas. If you see something kill it, if you see a glowy, click it... pretty much it. and when you finish the quest, check your map again and run to the red area to turn it it. I honestly over time hated figuring out wtf I had to do in the quests for WoW after a while so in the long run I think this is a great thing, but in the short run, I think I have lost touch with the quest system in this game as I don't know wtf is going on... why am I putting this guy in a barrel and kicking him over the ledge into the water? Not sure but it was fun as hell doing it... Hmm this catapolt is glowing WEEEE I'm shot 1000 yards into another castle... guys here so I guess I'll kill them, WOOT they were part of my quest anyway... Well that's how I have been doing these quests.

The public quests are kinda fun and something different. Some are long and boring, some are short and fun, some are long and fun, some are short and lame.... but there are lots of them. Probably the coolest one or two were fighting a big dragon and watching a huge guy holding a bomb and walking into a castle gate blowing both him and the gate up. These PQ's range from easy to damn near impossible so you won't get bored of them at all. Plus the rewards are fairly nice and worth the time and you get braging rights for getting 1st place. I found as a healer/dps it's fairly easy to get 1st place as my Shammy friend and I found out. Yeah you need to be active and tag and heal everything you see but if you do you probably will get 1st. But you could just walk up at the end of a PQ and do nothing and place 3rd due to the roll... kinda lame but what ever... I think that is there to get more people willing to do the PQ's and not just wait to contribute from the very begining, but if you are there the whole time your odds are better than someone who shows up at the end... I did say "odds" as it does come down to your contribution, and the roll. You could rank 8th but end 10th due to the roll. You could rank 3rd and get 1st due to the roll.
PQ's are a great thing though and will probably be refined further as time goes on.

Customizing your talents/skills/abilities are different than WoW and yet somewhat the same. you can select different builds and natural abilities, have different build outs for some of them based on the situation you are in, and then you have core abilities that will be the same for everyone as well as specialization trees which have 3 branches like WoW. I got my 1st combat rez spell at lvl 10 and my Shammy friend was kind enough to be a nubbin and die on me while I was tanking some elite boar (yeah I am a healer...) so I was able to combat rez him which was fun.

Lag: Well, yep it's there in the newbie zones but things are smooth as butter in the higher lvl areas. I guess if you have 400 people all trying to do the same quest, you have to expect some lag... But when you have a resonable amount of people it is a great experience. All the RvR that I did was lag free which I think is very important since the game is focused on RvR.

Another friend of mine played on his old school laptop. I know he had to crank the graphics down but he was in game playing. I would have to say that's a great sign there.

PVP = Fun times as the Zealot. I'm hard to kill and can outlast most. I am squishy but with 5 healing spells, 2 damage reductions, and a bubble, it's almost a waste of time to attempt to kill a Zealot who has his guard up. If I am distracted then yeah 2 or 3 shots will kill me. If my guard is up I can take 10 or 15 big hits and laugh it off. Think of the zealot as a druid running away... 2 HOTs, instacast big heals, plus instacast 10 second bubble and 2 damage reduction instacasts. I would say the Zealot needs a nerf if the DPS was high but it isn't. At lvl 10 I only have 2 attacks, 1 is instacast w/ a cooldown and the other takes 2 seconds to cast. The other attacks are dots that if used together are ok. There is an AOE which is great for PQ's that I love to use or by a flag in RvR though but only efficient to use if there are 3 or more mobs.

We already started to see a wait to get in game on our server and it was just BETA. And when I picked the server, it was the lowest population out of the entire list of available servers. I am thinking that my idea of picking a random server for the 1st few days, and then when the 2nd or 3rd tier servers go online, pick one of those to make our permanent home to prevent queue times to get in game and make questing easier in the newbie zones. Granted this makes it harder to pick a server where everyone will be together here because people don't always have the insight to be patient for a much better server and think that their time spent for 2 days getting their lowbie toon to lvl 12 would be waisted... but I think we would appreciate it more and have a better gaming experience in the weeks to come. Queque times in Open Beta... sucks. What is that going to be like when the servers go live? We will be playing this for a couple years most likely so what's a few days on a temporary server... But to be honest, those that can't control themselves and roll w/ the group probably arn't the best to work with in an organized team anyway. Tell your friends what server we are on as well. So even if they don't want to roll w/ our group, they can at least form an alliance w/ our group.

I'll be on "DaPoetes" tonight. The goal by Thursday is to get a guild formed so we can see what the guild options are like as well while still in BETA. We need 2 gold and 6 people in a party. I only have 1 gold right now but if you want to send me some silver we can get this going sooner. You can do that via the mailboxes in game. Be sure to add me as friend so we can get this going.

Peace and Hair Grease

But you could just walk up at the end of a PQ and do nothing and place 3rd due to the roll... kinda lame but what ever... I think that is there to get more people willing to do the PQ's and not just wait to contribute from the very begining, but if you are there the whole time your odds are better than someone who shows up at the end... I did say "odds" as it does come down to your contribution, and the roll. You could rank 8th but end 10th due to the roll. You could rank 3rd and get 1st due to the roll.
PQ's are a great thing though and will probably be refined further as time goes on.

Have to commit on this one since sometimes its like... ok I killed a lot, did a lot in it yet still nearly dead last. Im a Marauder, and its not nearly as flex able as a mage or something that had good range attacks especially in these PQ's. But I can't figure out the system sometimes. First you get the helping points, which is screwy sometimes I've been in 6th and 1st and have the most points in the group, yet get the shaft at the end getting nothing.

Yup that's right get get shafted on the roll taking me from 1st to 16th in a group of 20, and 6th to 19 in a group of 24. I've gotten shafted a lot in that sence. Its not like im in the PQ's for a long period of time just a quick little one. And for me it seems like I have a far greater chance to get any loot at least for my class in a PQ with less than 12 people.

As for guild trial. I could probably help out on that. I know I had nearly 2G yesterday, but I bought some stuff so probably a little lighter on the pocket.

+1 for poets idea of playing a random server for first few days/mayb a week then when the next lot of servers come up OCF picks a new server starts from scratch but we will all know a bit of how to play and be on the same server.

i reckon u hit the nail on the head with that one :clap:

I don't really like the random server for 2-3 days idea. What about headstart? I'd like to start on my main as soon as possible :(
How many of you guys are doing headstart?
If you pre-ordered the regular edition, the headstart begins 15th and the game officially comes out 18th. 15th is a monday and 18th is a thursday. So by the time people join on the 18th and starting doing scenarios, you'll be level 11 and equiped with awesome gear, and pretty much pwn everyone in Tier 1 Scenarios. That's my goal at least lol.

Last edited:
i dont see 2-3 days making any difference at all when we will be able to group with ppl we know and ppl that know what to do. unless ur trying to be the first to lvl 40 then i dont see what the problem is but thats just me.

I don't really like the random server for 2-3 days idea. What about headstart? I'd like to start on my main as soon as possible :(
How many of you guys are doing headstart?
If you pre-ordered the regular edition, the headstart begins 15th and the game officially comes out 18th. 15th is a monday and 18th is a thursday. So by the time people join on the 18th and starting doing scenarios, you'll be level 11 and equiped with awesome gear, and pretty much pwn everyone in Tier 1 Scenarios. That's my goal at least lol.

Ditto... im with that. I'll pick a server and stick to it, if things change (server gets too crowded), then I'll start another guy on a different server. Then again its been a while since I played on "servers", use to eve with 1 server.

i dont see 2-3 days making any difference at all when we will be able to group with ppl we know and ppl that know what to do. unless ur trying to be the first to lvl 40 then i dont see what the problem is but thats just me.

Yeah but its still nice to get up and get going.

2 - 3 days doesn't matter for a game of this nature that will be played for the next 2 years...

Back