• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATTN: Duron 1.0GHz-1.2GHz owners - Survey

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok then the morgon core is on 1ghz and up right? the 950 and 900 are still on the spitfire core right??

Ozz..............if itwill handle 12+ mutliplier, it will handle any morgan out there...............and will ID it.

o **** as of 15th this board i have can handle almost any new AMD out not bad for a 70 buck mobo a ;) only prob is i cant OC ahh its kiling me.. o well i will soon have a iwill kk266+ :D

Last edited:
A Duron 850 at stock wipes the floor with a P3EB 733, also at stock. You'd think that the P3EB would have an advantage with its 133 Mhz FSB. It doesn't.

No doubt... and with the new SSE optimizations added in the Morgan, a 1 GHz Morgan and DDR combo completely blows away any Coppermine core P3....Now Tualatin, I'm pretty sure that stacks up a little better...

1. Haven't unlocked it, mobo doesn't have multiplier options anyway

2. ECS K7S5A

3. I can get it to 110 MHz FSB using CPU Cool, but that's it. 112 MHz locks solid after 20 sec in windows. I've tried the OC BIOS but it's no different

4. ARHAA

5. 41C Idle (ambient is almost 25C)

6. I'd like to use the pencil trick on the L7 bridges to get 1.85v, but they're already closed?? As are the L6 bridges

EDIT: Thanks TripleH, got it at 1.85v now :D

Last edited:
Sickboy- my sys is as in my rig

Roman- its the L11 that you have to fill to get 1.85 vcore, they changed since spitfire, all you have to fill in is the middle bridge of L11

SickBoy said:
Hey Everyone -

I'm looking for some feedback from the "Morgan" owners out there. The CPU Database is a little thin right now so maybe I can collect some info in here. I've been looking to play around with a Morgan for a while now but no one seems to be wanting to talk about them.

1. Did you unlock your CPU? If yes, what method? Pencil? Conductive ink? or does it require AthlonXP-esque unlocking procedures?

2. List your motherboard and, if applicable, revision

3. List your overclock, including FSB, Core voltage, multiplier, DDR voltage (if applicable), VIO voltage, Heatsink/Fan used, any other critical data.

4. CPU Stepping Code

5. Idle/Load temps

6. Any OS/Software related benefits, issues, problems, etc.

THANKS!!!

SB

1gig Morgan - AHHAA stepping.

1 - Penciel unlocking.

2 - Asus A7M266 w/ 1006 bios

3 - 1290, 172fsb x 7.5, 1.9v, VIO1 of 3v, VIO of 3.6v, Water cooled. Crucial DDR Pc2100 CAS2.

This might not be entirley relivant to you, but i am running an older 800 spitfire duron, and it goes at 1056 perfectly stable, win xp proffessional, vcore is at 1.9, i/o is at 2.5

i havent unlocked it, however im a special case, my morgan is a duron800, BUT with a morgan core, i have compared pics and numbers on the chip to a morgan and a spitfire,, everything points to a morgan except the 800, very weird, anyways im at 945 right now just to test ram on my az11e, and it recognizes my cpu as morgan also..

1.2 Duron Morgan, AHLCA "9" 1.4ghz, 1.9v

200fsb (400mhz) Abit NF7-S, unlocked with Pencle, watercooling

178fsb Asus A7V333, unlocked with pencle, Air cooling 1.36ghz 1.9v

SickBoy said:
Hey Everyone -

I'm looking for some feedback from the "Morgan" owners out there. The CPU Database is a little thin right now so maybe I can collect some info in here. I've been looking to play around with a Morgan for a while now but no one seems to be wanting to talk about them.

1. Did you unlock your CPU? If yes, what method? Pencil? Conductive ink? or does it require AthlonXP-esque unlocking procedures?
I've unlocked a morgan with a rear-window defogger and with the pencil trick. They use the same bridge layout as the AXP, but since they use the ceramic packaging, the "pencil trick" works, and there are no pits to fill.

2. List your motherboard and, if applicable, revision
I did my main overclocking on the ECS K7S5A. I later unlocked it and put it in a different board.

3. List your overclock, including FSB, Core voltage, multiplier, DDR voltage (if applicable), VIO voltage, Heatsink/Fan used, any other critical data.
I got up to 1.25GHz (limited by FSB options on the K7S5A) with 1.85vcore (bridges modded with defogger repair paint). I couldn't get it to post at 1.33GHz no matter what I did. HSF was an AX-7 w/ massive delta 80cm fan.

4. CPU Stepping Code
Mine was an AHHAA. My brother had a AHLCA 1GHz Duron Morgan that hit 1.4GHz or so stable.

5. Idle/Load temps
I don't remember, low 30s idle, high 30s load.

6. Any OS/Software related benefits, issues, problems, etc.
My 1GHz Duron was used for a while as part of the very small openmosix cluster I used to have. Works fine with code compilied for AXPs, including sse optimizations and such (just like it is supposed to).

I believe tere were 1.3GHz and 1.4GHz Morgans also (and an extremely samll number of 950MHz ones, but most durons under 1GHz are spitfires).

i have a morgan core but i dont even know what it is, stock shows i think 1200, it was suppose to be a spitfire duron 800, lol free upgrade

I have a 1.3 Morgan.
1.Pencil unlocked.
2.NF7V2.
3.I remember I had it at 1.46G [email protected] ( I think).
4.I'll check when I'm home.
5.40-48C with cheap Duron stock sink.
5.Would stuck at any attempt on changing the FSB by any NVidia-like software.
REALLY benefits from high fsb at same mhz, good in games.Got 13500 (or 12500) 2k1 marks with R9800Pro .
Doesn't like multitasking, heavy office apps, hates apps involving cache/mem latencies.

Bottom line:average ocer, great bang for the buck.
I'm maybe slightly wrong but it'll beat the heck out of any P4 around 1-1.2 Ghz.In arythmetic calcs - got scores as high as P4 2.0 .

By the way , look at the "new" durons, they are good overclockers.

Back