• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATTN: Duron 1.0GHz-1.2GHz owners - Survey

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
Hey Everyone -

I'm looking for some feedback from the "Morgan" owners out there. The CPU Database is a little thin right now so maybe I can collect some info in here. I've been looking to play around with a Morgan for a while now but no one seems to be wanting to talk about them.

1. Did you unlock your CPU? If yes, what method? Pencil? Conductive ink? or does it require AthlonXP-esque unlocking procedures?

2. List your motherboard and, if applicable, revision

3. List your overclock, including FSB, Core voltage, multiplier, DDR voltage (if applicable), VIO voltage, Heatsink/Fan used, any other critical data.

4. CPU Stepping Code

5. Idle/Load temps

6. Any OS/Software related benefits, issues, problems, etc.

THANKS!!!

SB

I have a morgan cored duron 1ghz and it performs quite nicely, I havent overclocked it at all so I couldn't say how well they o/c. They will unlock the same way a tbird unlocks

hey Sickboy,
I have a Duron 1Ghz @1.2Ghz (9x133) on an ABIT KG7(non-raid) running win 98se ....................runs stable @ 1.2 ghz...............ya can unlock the Morgans just like the old Durons with a pencil:D ......................

Duron 1Ghz @1.2Ghz (9x133) w/ Alpha Pal 8045 HS
512 micron pc2100
Abit KG7
Palit 32meg G2 mx o/c 230/200
40 gig WD 7200
20 gig Maxtor 5400

I expect to be buying myself a Morgan 1g or 1.1g in about 2 months but if you really can't wait you could spot me the money until then. You, just so I could be helpful. :D

Kendle666 said:
hey Sickboy,
I have a Duron 1Ghz @1.2Ghz (9x133) on an ABIT KG7(non-raid) running win 98se ....................runs stable @ 1.2 ghz...............ya can unlock the Morgans just like the old Durons with a pencil:D ......................

Duron 1Ghz @1.2Ghz (9x133) w/ Alpha Pal 8045 HS
512 micron pc2100
Abit KG7
Palit 32meg G2 mx o/c 230/200
40 gig WD 7200
20 gig Maxtor 5400

What voltages do you have your chip set to?

heh..........oops ...................I'm running @ 1.7 volts :D ..............stock for this chip is 1.75 ...................no other voltage changes ...............running memory and pci voltage at stock

a little OT but...

is a duron morgan core 1ghz worth 80$ CDN? is it a worthy upgrade from my current system (in sig)? how much cache does it have and is it .13 micron?

i dont know much 'bout AMD, so bear with me...:)

mikester said:
a little OT but...

is a duron morgan core 1ghz worth 80$ CDN? is it a worthy upgrade from my current system (in sig)? how much cache does it have and is it .13 micron?

Don't know how much CDN $ is in US $ but the 1 GHz Durons are available at $46 USD right now. (plus shipping, off Pricewatch)

From a P3 700, you'll probably notice a boost in speed, especially if you go DDR instead of SDR. Durons are typically 95-105% of P3 performance at equal clockspeeds, for pre-Tualatin P3's.

You'll also probably get 1.2-1.3 GHz out of it as well.

So it's a pretty good budget upgrade from a P3 700.

mikester said:
a little OT but...

Where in Canada can you get a 1g Morgan for $80???? The best I've seen is $94, and I've been looking.

I have a "Morgan" Duron 1g @1.2

1)I used a defogger kit on it. it unlocks just like the spitfire durons, just 5 bridges instead of 4.

2) I have an FIC AZ-11E mobo with the lastest Bios to recognize the morgan cores

3) I have my duron at 12x100 core voltage is 1.8 (default is 1.75) Vantec cck-6035

4) i forgot to write it down!

5) Idle 27c Load 40c

6) no problems at all, runs like a scalded cat!

Im going to build this system soon. Hopeing to hit 1.4 with it.

Second System:
CPU: 1.2ghz Duron (Morgan Cored)
Motherboard: KT7A
HDD(s): 2x20gig 7200rpm ATA 100
Videocard: Geforce3 ti 200 64DDR OR Regular Geforce 3 depending on price..
Soundcard: Creative Audigy Xgamer
Memory: 512meg PC150 (2x256) SDram
CD-Rom(s): 12x DVD rom, 52x Creative CD-Rom
PowerSupply: 300watt ATX

well actually the cpu is used from a guy around the corner from me, he doesnt overclock since hes morally opposed to the thought of it...

i just thought it was a good bargain, that i could either put it to use or sell it for more.:)

Morgan 1G@1260(9x140), 1.85V, case temp 34 Celsius, idle cpu temp 48, gigabyte 7VTXE, ddr 266 Samsung, used defogger kit to change multiplier as 7VTXE doesn't allow mult. change, doesn't need glue like AthlonXP, others same with Xp except voltage mod I believe (check my post about voltage-mod strange discovery I made!!).

Can everyone who's answered that they do have a Morgan answer me this: Is the packaging the same as the Spitfire core or does it have the new organic shell like the Athalon XP?

so am i to beleave all the mobos that can handle a duron on the spitfire core can handle the morgon cores?

eobard: yes the packaging is the same as the original durons, its a ceramic thingie

Ozzman: If the mobo manufacturer doesn`t put out a bios upgrade so the bios will recognize the morgan core, then no, you cannot use the morgan core duron. Most have posted new bios updates, some have not

Back