• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google Crome - NEW Web browser

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
omg wow this browser is so ****ing awesome....its alot faster than firefox3 and uses alot less memory than firefox

i also tried killing one of the processes from the taskmanager and it only closes one of the tabs like in the comic and the new tab feature that shows your most visited pages is flawless

i give this browser a 10/10

the only thing i dont like is that if you close the whole browser it wont save your session like firefox :(

First impression, I love how it makes good use of the virtual real estate. Title bars are pretty much useless to me and glad they used that space. Status bar is only used when there's a status change.

It doesn't feel complete but it definitely has a lot of potential. Page rendering seems just as good, perhaps better than FF3 though can't say for sure yet. Kudos to Google.

capturekk5.jpg

Odd seeing that image using Chrome. Seems like just yesterday Yahoo was peddling IE, now they're recommending a browser which makes most of it's money from Google, a competitor, lol.

Last edited:
omg wow this browser is so ****ing awesome....its alot faster than firefox3 and uses alot less memory than firefox
:(

Give it time, FF was like this too, until people wanted more from it. so it got bloated.

So i wonder what kinds of stats google is taking from their browsers for personal collection? since they log every single search you do on google and dont delete them... and can tie it back to IP's and all....

i dont know man but i love the auto complete thing cus it recognizes popular sites like newegg man im really liking this browser anyone experience any problems with it ?

Downloading now on my work pc. I'm curious as can be :D

Edit - I like it so far, it is snappier on my work pc at least ;) We'll see how it is on my pc at home tonight.

Last edited:
i'm playing with it right now :)

seems very snappy

are there any extra settings like about:config in ff

about:memory. I've tried random things like about:config about:settings, etc and nothing.

Googling, I find this as well:

about:stats
about:network
about:crash

Last edited:
I am loving this browser... I see NO ads (except the google ones go figure) ever and I don't need to add any extensions WHATSOEVER! It seems much snappier than FF3 and I have had no compatibility issues with any website I have visited yet!

edit: It says I spelled google wrong!

Am trying it as well.

It is fast! Faster than FF 3.0 and IE 7.0.

One gripe I have is that there is no drop down box on the top of the browser, from which you can choose your search engine.

I use Google primarily, but sometimes, I also use wikipedia, merriam webster, and urbandictionary.com

Things I dont like about it so far:

The 'Other Bookmarks' button-I want to move it, but dont seem to be able to

In the Options page (from clicking the wrench icon, top right), go to 'Minor Tweaks' tab, click the 'Show saved passwords' button. Click on any of the sites listed, and click the 'show password' button, and bang-there it is for anyone to see, along with your username. Surely thats wrong?

Things I dont like about it so far:

The 'Other Bookmarks' button-I want to move it, but dont seem to be able to

Same here.

In the Options page (from clicking the wrench icon, top right), go to 'Minor Tweaks' tab, click the 'Show saved passwords' button. Click on any of the sites listed, and click the 'show password' button, and bang-there it is for anyone to see, along with your username. Surely thats wrong?

I have opted NOT to save passwords, so I haven't run into the problem that you described here. Have read about it on ZDnet, though.

So far, my general impression is that it is a VERY GOOD browser! Looks like it will replace FF 3.0 for me!

Am trying it as well.

It is fast! Faster than FF 3.0 and IE 7.0.

One gripe I have is that there is no drop down box on the top of the browser, from which you can choose your search engine.

I use Google primarily, but sometimes, I also use wikipedia, merriam webster, and urbandictionary.com

Go to wikipedia and do a search.

Then go to another webpage, click in the url box (omnibox) and start typing wikipedia, then press tab, then you can search wikipedia right from the url box.

This works for any site you want to search, that you have visited before - you just need to type enough of the domain name before you press tab... There is an indicator that appears to the right of where you type that will tell you when you have typed enough, and it will tell you when to press tab in order to search.

This works for ANY domain.

Looking at the Chrome install diretory, there is a folder for themes and plugins so looking forward to that.

lol, gears.dll - "These are the gears that power the tubes! :)"

Go to wikipedia and do a search.

Then go to another webpage, click in the url box (omnibox) and start typing wikipedia, then press tab, then you can search wikipedia right from the url box.

This works for any site you want to search, that you have visited before - you just need to type enough of the domain name before you press tab... There is an indicator that appears to the right of where you type that will tell you when you have typed enough, and it will tell you when to press tab in order to search.

This works for ANY domain.

Did not work for me!

After I cleared the browsing history, I have to start from scratch again!

Of course, unless I didn't get your instructions right!

Thanks for the info, though!

Well found my first issue with it. You cannot close the window where you started you download from without killing the dl.

Nevermind, I just couldn't find it for a sec. Browser still owns ;)

things i like

paste and go
you can separate multiple tabs into multiple windows and back
built in task manager
has same shortcut keys like ff
and SPEEEED

dislikes

gmail issues, (could be me though)

Back