• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Milestone thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well Baditude, getting to 10 million first just became a little more difficult for you. Especially now that you've appeared in my rear view mirror. :p

Not up to full speed yet. The 8320e is running at stock speed due to spare board not having a healthy enough VRM. Anything above stock speeds, the board starts throttling. 870 is down due to dummy forgetting radiator screws when I was at Lowe's yesterday...
If I have time, the 4790k is going under the knife. New TIM arrived during the week.

Well done Sir!
As always, I'll keep a crunchin with my single CPU and get there when I get there. I have a feeling when the nuclear armageddon comes, there will be cockroaches, Twinkies and Pat still crunching Rosetta. ;)

Well Baditude, getting to 10 million first just became a little more difficult for you. Especially now that you've appeared in my rear view mirror. :p

Not up to full speed yet. The 8320e is running at stock speed due to spare board not having a healthy enough VRM. Anything above stock speeds, the board starts throttling. 870 is down due to dummy forgetting radiator screws when I was at Lowe's yesterday...
If I have time, the 4790k is going under the knife. New TIM arrived during the week.

Well done Sir!
As always, I'll keep a crunchin with my single CPU and get there when I get there. I have a feeling when the nuclear armageddon comes, there will be cockroaches, Twinkies and Pat still crunching Rosetta. ;)

QFT, I may pass you in points sir, but I CAN'T pass you in dedication. :cool::thup:
I do have a 5 yr deficit to make up for...

if i dont sleep to much, the rest of the parts for that old lga1366 rig came in. the CM N200 case, the fans i posted a pic of in another thread, win7 64bit, Muskin ECO3 240gb SSD(it was on sale couldnt pass it up at that price). going to try the U12P SE heatsink and see how that does on the hex core, if im not happy with it i may spring for the i4x or something.

Heh... so I guess I passed 10Mil sometime in the past few days. Only took 8yrs, lol!

Congrats on the 10M Milestone! :thup:

I've been away from the forums recently and the last time I checked in you only had just about a day or so of crunching left to go...

What happened to the boinc.bakerlab rosetta stats page? It used to show the roughly 60 (58, or maybe more I thought?) or so people that had points on our team, even if they were inactive, then about a week ago their site was having major troubles for over a week and now it only shows a total of 20 users on our team with 19 active, a lot of people are missing from our team stats, no record that they were ever here.

Edit: boincstats.com is showing the same thing. :mad: This is really unfortunate. I hope the DBA at U of W that was responsible for the rosetta@home stats database gets their **** fixed soon, it's embarrassing. It was bad enough that the thing was down for well over a week. :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
tbh i kinda gave up between my x58 rig not getting any work and the page update, as well as the constant windows 10's restarts at random times. i should just put windows 7 back on it but really, the only thing that rig was ment for was for rosie. i might just sell it and the other x58 setup i got off ebay, i got other things i need to worry about/take care of.

What happened to the boinc.bakerlab rosetta stats page? It used to show the roughly 60 (58, or maybe more I thought?) or so people that had points on our team, even if they were inactive, then about a week ago their site was having major troubles for over a week and now it only shows a total of 20 users on our team with 19 active, a lot of people are missing from our team stats, no record that they were ever here.

Edit: boincstats.com is showing the same thing. :mad: This is really unfortunate. I hope the DBA at U of W that was responsible for the rosetta@home stats database gets their **** fixed soon, it's embarrassing. It was bad enough that the thing was down for well over a week. :mad: :mad:

That wasn't UofW, that was me. I've been slowly trimming inactive members for the past few years; typically if they had a RAC of 0.something and less that 1M points crunched.
The rest I kept around for years, not really sure why but probably hoping that one day one or more of them might return. Out of the 25-30 members in question, I think maybe yourself, Donuts and Evisizer were the only ones that ever did.
Anyhow, with the exception of a few events, we've always only been a 1pg active team of 20 members (usually less) - and our "Total Members" on stats pages should reflect that I think.
So, seeing as it does not effect our team RAC or team total points, I finally just removed all inactive members (with the exception of Adak since he was the one who started the team).

That wasn't UofW, that was me. I've been slowly trimming inactive members for the past few years; typically if they had a RAC of 0.something and less that 1M points crunched.
The rest I kept around for years, not really sure why but probably hoping that one day one or more of them might return. Out of the 25-30 members in question, I think maybe yourself, Donuts and Evisizer were the only ones that ever did.
Anyhow, with the exception of a few events, we've always only been a 1pg active team of 20 members (usually less) - and our "Total Members" on stats pages should reflect that I think.
So, seeing as it does not effect our team RAC or team total points, I finally just removed all inactive members (with the exception of Adak since he was the one who started the team).

Ah I understand now. I thought it was something related to the database issues that the project had been facing. Good call to keep Adak's records around, it's fitting to his memory as he spearheaded the whole response to the Pirate Fleet which got this team going although I don't think members with credit should be culled from the team stats, even if they no longer participate in the project. Our SETI and Folding teams don't do that to my knowledge. :-/

Back