• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

spore was so lame

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ALiEN2953

so i played spore for a good 15 hours over the last couple days and i gotta say, this game sucks. the game is split up in to 5 minigames. of the mini games only one is the slightest bit fun...the first one. for the rest all you end up doing is repeating the same action over and over again until the next stage.

stage 1: 8/10
stage 2: 3/10
stage 3: 5/10
stage 4: 4/10
stage 5: 6/10

the game stunk

Last edited:
How dissappointing for a game that had so much hype.

BTW, props for playing a game that sucked for 15 hours. I wouldn't have made it to one hour.

Read a few reviews and they say pretty much what you said alien2953. The first and last stage seem to be the best with the middle stages being repetative.

It seems to play like a toy for a little kid, but it'll still make a ton of money and be really popular for the young-ins. Maybe we've just outgrown sim games.

the only reviews i have read were giving it on average around 88%. they were grading the game on its concept not its execution.

i still enjoy sim games, but only from the Maxis of old, Sim Farm, Sim City 2000 and occasionally Sim Tower. the only issue i have with any is that Sim Tower runs faster the faster the computer is and u can imagine what thats like on a 15 year old game. VROOM

I downloaded the demo and i was like wtf when i saw it .Then i uninstalled it.It just looked to stupid or maybe im stupid..lol but i didnt even try to play it

on a brighter note though once modders get their hands on it im sure the first stage can be expanded beyond the 20m it is right now and become a very fun short game by itself.

i still want my money back

I downloaded the demo and i was like wtf when i saw it .Then i uninstalled it.It just looked to stupid or maybe im stupid..lol but i didnt even try to play it

the creature creater wasnt a demo, its sorta like an editor and includes no game play

oh man, I am so upset with these reviews and such, I pre-ordered but am thinking of canceling. I heard the space stage (has around 2000 systems, not millions as promised) and that the space stage is very unbalanced, you have 1 starship up against 4-5 enemy ships at a time , wave after wave. <.<

Well at least the game looks amazing from the screenshots I've seen.

Metacritic reviews : http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/spore

Last edited:
I have the chance to play it to my heart's content tonight. I'll see for myself but do not have high hopes. The hype train for this game was screamin'! Maybe Spore will be like Black & White: some people thought it was hokey and lame, others found it magical. Man I remember getting a free copy of it with my GeForce4, how time flies.

There are HUGE ads for this downtown in Chicago... I can't imagine how much it cost to place these ads in some of the most expensive neighborhoods.

I remember one of the big deals about this game was because it was supposed to come out for Macs first...LOL Right there I put it on my "Don't Bother" list.

There are HUGE ads for this downtown in Chicago... I can't imagine how much it cost to place these ads in some of the most expensive neighborhoods.

I remember one of the big deals about this game was because it was supposed to come out for Macs first...LOL Right there I put it on my "Don't Bother" list.

Spore's dvd is compatible with PC and MAC. If you put it in a pc it will install. If you put it in a mac it will install.

I will probably still end up picking this game up. Though I am interested to hear what everyone things of it in the next little while

Sounds like a fun game but really if its that short not sure. Was hoping to have it much longer and now that I've looked into it a bit more, really looks like its going to be much much shorter than expected :(

I read online its possible to beat the game in 1 day . That being go thru all the 5 stages and into the center of the universe. Thought I would imagine you miss out on a lot of fun.

When I tell people that preordered the game that I'm hearing bad things about it they get so freaking defensive. "OMG THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET RAGE!" I don't think they understand that it's been out since the 4th, just not in the US.

When I tell people that preordered the game that I'm hearing bad things about it they get so freaking defensive. "OMG THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET RAGE!" I don't think they understand that it's been out since the 4th, just not in the US.

4th... LOL, Try its been out since Tuesday or Wednesday. Which ever day it hit the web, hence why alot of people are talking about it. All im getting is quiet a bit of negative feed back from the game with such hype. Damn going to wait and see but that doesn't give me high hopes :/

Well I pre-ordered . Its definitly not my usuall type of game , but I was looking for something differant . Guess I'll wait before I open/play it incase I feel the need to return it depending on futher (good or bad) findings of actual game play .

Keeping my eyes and ears open for further comments ....

Back