Unhappy Expanding my liquid cooling.

Alright, so when I first started up with water cooling I got a thermaltake case with embedded watercooling (Yes, yes. I know. "Boo prefabbed WC units." ). Even if it is "boo" it keeps my processor at around 34C, so I'm not unhappy with it. However, I am going to purchase a couple of 260's or 280's and I want them water cooled. I'm worried that adding those to the system will cause heating problems.

I always see screen shots of people running their cooling from their pump to their CPU, to the first gpu, then the second, then sometimes the third, and I wonder if that actually keeps them cool enough when they are in sequential order like that.

So, this is my question. Should I:

A) Create a totally separate cooling loop just for the cpus

or

B) Add on to the existing loop?

If A), thats easy and I will get custom parts this time.

If B), should I add a second radiator? Where should I place it in the loop? Should I add another pump, or will just the one be enough?

I know a lot of you guys have been doing this for a long time, so I hope you can help me. I don't need to go balls to the wall with my cooling, just enough to keep it cool. Also, I really, really, like my cooling systems to be completely internal. I know that this can affect the temperatures of of the cooling, but I'm really adverse to having a radiator hanging off the back of my rig.

Thanks for the help.

if it was me i would made a second loop
    but then again i'm not the one with the most experience in here
    Mobo : M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
    Cpu : amd p2 X6 1100T @ 3.827 ghz
    Ram : ocz platinum 7 7 7 20 ddr 3 4gb
    Vga : asus 2X asus GTX 560 directcu2
    Psu : ocz fatality 700w
    Cpublock : Swiftech apogee xt
    Pump : mcp655
    Rad : Sr1 480
    Res : swiftech microres v1
    Fittings : various kompression and barbs
    tubing : primoflex pro white
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64622

im gonna vote for the second loop also.
    Phenom II 1090t 4.0Ghz | Mushkin 8gb ddr3
    Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 | MSI 6950 2gb TwinFrozr
    Silverstone 700w silent modular
    Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
    Corsiar H80
    Folding User Stats
    HEAT

Registered
    Which thermaltake LCS case?
    If it's the Kandalf you might be able to get a 120.2 radiator on the bottom although it will block a slot or stand it on edge either way you'll have to cut your case to allow the air to flow or temps will be worse,I'm not 100% sure but where the 120 fan is on th kandalf you might get a 120.1.

If it is the kadalf having the 120.3 radiator should be enough unless you OC every component then you may see a difference in your CPU temps since the aluminum fin rad wouldn't wick the heat as well as all copper rad.

I hope this help a little and people with a little more knowledge than I can help you.

Its not the kandalf. Its the Armor+ case. I see the Kandalf has a radiator with 3 120mm fans attached to it, mine definitely doesn't have that kind of cooling power.

The armor is a large case, so fitting a secondary loop in there wouldn't be a problem. I probably would be able to fit a pump and a radiator with 2 or 3 120mm fans (Depending on if I take out the HDD bays). I know I would definitely have to add another radiator in the least, I just don't know if I should have separate loops or not.

I just don't have the experience to know which option would be better. If I expanded it, would I need an extra pump as well as another radiator? Would having two pumps cause problems (The custom pump would probably push more liquid then the built in one)? I just don't know the answers to these questions.

So far I'm of the "Separate loop" mindset.

Registered
    I looked up your case and as jr1 and dark bishop here have recomended the seperate loop would be best.

Wants Old Title Back
    Didn't Get It
    Author Profile
    Yea, full new second loop. You'll need a 120.3 to pull the heat and the TT pump isn't known for good flow rates with the added restrictions of more blocks etc.
    I want my old title back.
    Old beast is torn down.
    Will update later.

900 watt (1500VA) UPS
    27" ASUS VG 3D/Nvidia V2 3D glasses and 24" Acer H243H

Alright then. So should I use a 120.2 or a 120.3? I know a 120.3 would be better, but would it run ok with a 120.2 (There will probably be 3 video cards in the system). Would it run ok with 120.1 and a 120.2? And how should the loop be structured? Pump>Gpu>Gpu>Gpu>Radiator? Or is there a better format?

Sorry for all the questions, just don't want to screw this up.

better asking a question to much instead of screwing up ;-))
    if your going with 2 rads i think i would go for one inbetween the second and the third gpu
    like res>pump>gpu1>gpu2>rad>gpu3 and back to res
    Mobo : M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
    Cpu : amd p2 X6 1100T @ 3.827 ghz
    Ram : ocz platinum 7 7 7 20 ddr 3 4gb
    Vga : asus 2X asus GTX 560 directcu2
    Psu : ocz fatality 700w
    Cpublock : Swiftech apogee xt
    Pump : mcp655
    Rad : Sr1 480
    Res : swiftech microres v1
    Fittings : various kompression and barbs
    tubing : primoflex pro white
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64622

Wants Old Title Back
    Didn't Get It
    Author Profile
    If you go THREE GPU's please go at least a 120x3, and preferably a well performing rad with big fans. And going to the rad between the 2-3rd GPU would make a BIG mess to the tubing solution. Granted the last GPU will prolly see an increase of 5C or so, but these cards run fine at 80C, and you'll be at 55C or so under load, wayyy under any temp worries.

Go a PA 120.3 with full speed mediums or a 120x4 for the 3 GPU's especaily if you plan to OC.
    I want my old title back.
    Old beast is torn down.
    Will update later.

900 watt (1500VA) UPS
    27" ASUS VG 3D/Nvidia V2 3D glasses and 24" Acer H243H

Awesome. Thanks so much for all of your help. Now to pay off my credit bill and load it up again. ^.^