• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AD6500WCGHBOX What is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psykoikonov

So I found this CPU for sale and it's in stock.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6500 Black Edition Dual Core Processor Socket AM2 2.3GHZ 3MB Retail Box AD6500WCGHBOX $119.99 CDN.

However after much searching I cannot find what it is (Searched AMD and googled for overclock results). Is it a Phenom with 2 cores disabled? Also wondering how far it would clock? Would 3.2Ghz be out of the question?

Thnaks in advance for any replies.

Yes, it is a K10 dual core. It retains the full 2MB L3 cache and has 512KB of L2 per active core, just like the X4s.

From what Ive read it is a Phenom Dual core. Whether it is a native dual core or an X4 with 2 cores disabled I haven't read.

People suspect it is a disabled quad due to the 95w TDP but I haven't read anything concrete either. I'm curious if these new X2s are based on the B3 stepping. OP If you buy it please let us know your overclocking results with it. :)

Back