• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$#@! Coolermaster heatsinks....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

The only heatsinks this shop possesses are Cooler Master models that use only plastic pins (no bracket on the motherboard, just four holes). Those things are a royal pain in the rear for me to install properly; the rig I'm working on now three of the four pins have locked, but the fourth refuses to go in (the darn thing is in the hole, I just can't seem to apply quite enough pressure at the proper angle to get it to lock). Weird given I was able to get the other three in...

i usually make a fist underneath the board, with the hole in the middle of your hand (if u get what i mean), and use a electric testing screwdriver (the small ones with a light in the middle) to push it down, but be carefil. its also easy to use a pencil with a rubber on the top of it, but half of it bitten off, so it dont slip.

I feel for you man. I had a cm heatsink with push pins and the thing was like a seesaw when you tried to put the fourth pin in. As soon as you would push it in the pin on the opposite side would pop out.

Back