• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case painting mistake, need opinion.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NOWIS

Registered
Hi guy, I start my case painting today, but I decide to go with black instead of silver metallic as I first intended. I notice the inside of the pc look dull and a bit dirty, so I grab the silver metallic spray and paint the whole case frame. Now I'worry the case becomes conductive. Is the case somewhat conductive now and can I use a clear coat to trap the silver particles that come of the metallic paint? Thanks for your time.

Well, What about the silver dust? I don't want to short out any component. Is the silver dust metal?

Usually, the metalflake in paint is not really silver. Tester's has one called German Silver Metalic, that's one of the few that is.

As the flakes are locked into the enamel base, I don't think there's any problem. Even paint dust would be covered with the enamel. If you've sanded it, vacuum and towel it out good, you'll be safe.

I wouldnt worry about it, once its dry there wont be any problem. And i must say black and sliver is one of the coolest comobs ever. WE NEED PICS:D

Just give me a few more days to finish it. I'm gonna make everything black :)

Oni, great paint job, I like how you modified the window with the silver trim. It seem like you installed a neon light, got a picture of it. I'm almost done with mine but because I first wanted to paint the case silver, I painted all my drives black :( so it will not look as sharp as yours. Ok, back to work.

Kinda finish, except for the drives and where did I put that 3 1/2 inch cover :)

Painted Monitor and Speakers too. Modding a pc case is sure hard work but I did learn alot about using power tools and paint job :)

Very nice! Is that lightning neon in there?

I like the keyboard. Did you paint that yourself, or did you buy it black? If you painted it yourself, how did you get all the letters to show up after you painted?

Good eyes CrystalMethod. It is an Aopen HX-45A case. Maybe I'll modifiy it some more till no one else can tell :)

Yes Oni, I 'm using a liquid green neon, I wanted an active look back then, even though the cold Cathode neon light just came out at that time. Now I would definitely get the cold Cathode because it's small enough to fit anywhere in the case.

About the keyboard, I took the easy way, I bought a black Antec keyboard. I have an exact one in beige from Aopen but it would take way too long and messy. I would have to sand the letters off before painting the keyboard, then I would have to find a place which sell the letter decal and take hours to sticking them to the keys. What I wanted to do to the keyboard was to paint the keyboard shell to silver, just like Alienwares's custom painted silver keyboard. I don't think they would sell me one without buying their computer system.

Oh yah, thanks you guys for liking what you see.

I work for an Aopen retail distributor. So it doesn't matter what you do to it, I'll be able to spot it a mile away. :D
Oh yeah, just to let you know, it's the same chasiss as the HT-45. The only thing different is the front bezel. Incase you ever feel you need a change. But the HX's have that great big spot that a 120mm fan would awesome in. (hint, hint) ;)

Back