• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have any expierience with Sceptre TVs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was just looking for an HDTV, and I saw this on sale. I was just wondering how good it was. I can't seem to find any decent reviews on it.

I dont know about their LCD TVs
But I have a 20 inch monitor from them.
They have crappy customer service imo.
Sent it in to be fixed. Received it back still messed up.
I wouldn't buy from them.

32" at 1080p is a gimmick unless you sit about 4 feet away from the thing. Unless that's the case, better off spending the cash on a bigger 720p set, I think you can snag a 42" for the same price as this one.

Sceptre makes decent low end monitors so it's safe to say the same is probably true for this product as well, but I would think that you would be able to find a Phillips or Panasonic for around the same price and would be better off going that route.

32" at 1080p is a gimmick unless you sit about 4 feet away from the thing. Unless that's the case, better off spending the cash on a bigger 720p set, I think you can snag a 42" for the same price as this one.

Well, it's for a smaller dorm room, so at most I'm going to be within 10 feet. Plus a 32" is probably the best I can fit in here. I might be able to fit a 37" if I'm lucky.

FudgeNuggets-I would go with a Phillips/panasonic, but I'm trying to keep it below the $750 price point and all I see are 26" screens from them in that range. The reason I picked this was because it was on sale.

My bad, I accidentally looked at the original price and not the sale price of $650. That IS a pretty good deal, but if you can hold out for a bit, I hear that the prices of LCDs and Plasmas are going to come CRASHING down around Thanksgiving. 11/25 for you non-yanks.

My bad, I accidentally looked at the original price and not the sale price of $650. That IS a pretty good deal, but if you can hold out for a bit, I hear that the prices of LCDs and Plasmas are going to come CRASHING down around Thanksgiving. 11/25 for you non-yanks.

Ah, ok, yeah, I guess I could wait a few months.

Edit: Actually, I might go with this. It's only 720p and a little more expensive then the Sceptre but it's a Samsung and I always liked them.

Last edited:
Back