• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

max vcore without wire-tricking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Poobah

Registered
I just accidently elecrtified my geforce2 pro heh.. and along with that my agp port on my asus p3v4x gave up too..

Anyway as the gamer I am I need of an agp port so Im buying a new motherboard asap, been checking through a bunch of threads here and I'll probably go for a celeron-t 1,2 ghz.

the only thing I can get my hands on fairly fast is either the abit st6/st6-raid or the asus tusl2-c.. what I want to know is what the max vcore selections of those boards coupled with a celeron tualatin is.. and without any wire trick cause I dont wanna ruin my economy any further.

I'll probably just pick the one with the highest max.

The st6 will go upto 1.6 without wire, and 1.8 with wire. I don't know about the Asus.

1.6 I guess I'll see how far that'll take me..
Did some more forum reading and the vid pin mod doesnt look too tough after all so I'll probably do it if needed.

only question now raid or not to raid hehe but thats out of the subject.. anyway time to order, thanks for the info Rooski.

Poobah said:
1.6 I guess I'll see how far that'll take me..

If you've got a REALLY, REALLY good chip along with some luck, 1.6v should be enough to get you to 1.5 ROCK STABLE. Stable meaning that you're running some sort of good burn in prog and going crazy in CS or Quake. I've seen to many OCs that are in reality, unstable. It may be stable during burn in, but dies when you frag one too many ct's.

I mean If not, expect OC's above 1.4, but below 1.5 without vmod.

Well I have now pretty much decided to do the mod right from the start, maybe I'll try my luck a quickie before but then the wire is gonna have to be brought forward =)

just waiting for those parts now hope it wont take a year, Getting the raid version as theres not that much diffrence cost wise and I thought it could be a handy feature heh..
should I expect anything weird with the raid version?

and also do you think my old alpha pep66t will be able to keep things nice and steady if I reach 1,6?
guess that depends on other stuff too but its still a pretty up to par cooling solution right?

Just do the extreme overclocking and testing before you set up your RAID, just to eliminate that as a potential problem. Most of us have not had a problem with RAID and overclocking as long as you use good harddrives. It's hard to beat the IBM 60GXPs like I have. Very fast, quiet, and overclocking friendly.

I got a 60 gxp myself. I must say that seagate wins the being silent test though =) also have an older 10 gb fijiutsu dont know about that one but I might use it somewhere else anyway so we'll see, I'll keep you posted on my adventures.

Ok this might be just nothing but I read a post regarding Asus graphics card being troublesome along with abit motherboards is this true?

for example a asus geforce 2pro on a abit st6 could that give me problems?

Back