• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gickity Goo in the waterloop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this is definitely the most disgusting thing I have seen in my years of watercooling. It looks like you took baby food and spread it onto the block. YUCK!

Forget the temp advantage of a bong setup. I'll continue to stick with a closed loop.

:eek: That's pretty disgusting! :bang head

Thing is, you can have the best of both worlds. If you put a rad under the shower of a bong cooler you still get better temps than just fan cooling and keep a closed loop. Even flowing water over a rad (like a rock fountain or something) will decrease temps as long as the water's agitated enough to evaporate. Obviously, the more agitation and evaporation the lower the temps, which is why a shower-style bong works so well.

The other option would be to keep the open-loop bong and get a good UV treatment system - but that can be a little expensive ... ;)

Dude lol if it's a bong cooler you KNOW you gotta check that stuff! Probably should have used distilled water, tap water still has minerals and crap in it beyond just bacteria.

I love bong cooling though, it's pretty cool, I only ran mine for a month til I had to tear it down, but it was fun as hell.

Never heard of bong cooling until now. Anyone have pictures of a typical setup?

I'd be interested to see how it looks like when it's made.

Man that Is down right disgusting crap there in that Water block.

Diddyu ,,, that UberBong is one of the biggest I have seen,,

:eek: That's pretty disgusting! :bang head

Thing is, you can have the best of both worlds. If you put a rad under the shower of a bong cooler you still get better temps than just fan cooling and keep a closed loop. Even flowing water over a rad (like a rock fountain or something) will decrease temps as long as the water's agitated enough to evaporate. Obviously, the more agitation and evaporation the lower the temps, which is why a shower-style bong works so well.

The other option would be to keep the open-loop bong and get a good UV treatment system - but that can be a little expensive ... ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Just like they do with chillers.

BTW, that is awesome :clap: If there was an award for goo, it would go to you.

Just figured i would give an update on the system. I just finished overhauling the loop. Mew pump, lines, cross connect lines and fittings on the tanks and...... an inline filter to help cut down on this crap. I just picked up a GE Smartwater filtering system. Cost about 30 bux and to my amazement it didnt seem to slow the flow at all. (after all it was designed to filter water for an entire house) I was able to save the waterblock, its a swiftech apogee. Its been through hell and back. I have overheated it to the point it toasted a mobo. (F@h x2 and the pump failed, cheap mobo with no overheat protect) That managed to melt part of the upper housing on the block. With some cleanup of the melted surfaces and some slight reshaping it was back in actions. Its been a good block, decent temps, and its been on there for about 2.5 years now.

Soon i will get to see how it handles the new QX chip ^^

Back