• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Ultimate TRUE revision coming Soon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's one sexy *****. Don't think it would fit in my case with the side door fan though :(

I have a NZXT Zero I used to use.. 4x120 sidepanel fans

I removed 2 to fit a tuniq tower and it was worth it :)

Scythe delivers like a clockwork, it is out in Japan. Link

Missing the sycthe part of it...

google translate revelas a sycthe link that is a thermalright spec page?

Please explain :)

Last edited:
Better be ready to lay your case on its side if you're gonna have that sucker attached to your motherboard. On a side note, that thing is freaking HOTT! :drool:

Yes, muddocktor is right Scythe is the TR distributor in Japan.
I wonder how long it takes to see some benches, want to see what difference it makes before I buy one, but being a limited production model time is ticking.

With a brace like bing has made for another heatsink, you shouldn't have any problems in a tower case either. That's what I plan to do for long term use with mine.

Yah, its not too hard to make your own, even a pos zip tie would work. The dell workstations I work on even come with a bracket for the video card.

But, w/ a benching station you don't even need the retention bracket. Just let the weight of the HS do all the work! LOL!

Going by my past experience with the XP90 and XP90-C, I think there is a decent possibility of this happening. I still use my XP90-C to cool an E6750@3400 and load temps running Seti are in the low 40's right now. And I have had regular XP90's in the past and I wouldn't dream of cooling that setup with one of those. So I think the all copper TRUE should do quite a bit better. At least I will find out since I am going to splurge and buy one of them and see how it stacks up against a regular TRUE.

Going by my past experience with the XP90 and XP90-C, I think there is a decent possibility of this happening. I still use my XP90-C to cool an E6750@3400 and load temps running Seti are in the low 40's right now. And I have had regular XP90's in the past and I wouldn't dream of cooling that setup with one of those. So I think the all copper TRUE should do quite a bit better. At least I will find out since I am going to splurge and buy one of them and see how it stacks up against a regular TRUE.

Alright you know the routine. We expect a thorough, honest review :attn:

Yes, muddocktor is right Scythe is the TR distributor in Japan.
I wonder how long it takes to see some benches, want to see what difference it makes before I buy one, but being a limited production model time is ticking.

With a brace like bing has made for another heatsink, you shouldn't have any problems in a tower case either. That's what I plan to do for long term use with mine.

But, w/ a benching station you don't even need the retention bracket. Just let the weight of the HS do all the work! LOL!

@ 110.00 + shipping, you are better off with water cooling.

cool and word.

Benching rig is the best solution for this. Put that score o weight on the cpu....
Only a select few should order this and its for the bling factor not perf factor....

Would be nice if SOMEONE from OCF got one and benched it htought:) especially against a reg TRUE

Alright you know the routine. We expect a thorough, honest review :attn:

Don't worry, I will give an honest review, but unfortunately I will be at work offshore when it comes in so my testing will have to wait until I get back in from offshore. :cry: But I will test with both a DC Conroe and a Q6600 against a lapped TRUE that I already own. Since these are so dammed expensive I would hate to see people buying them if they don't give markedly better performance than a regular TRUE.

Looks awesome. Still under half the price of a good watercooling loop and probably similar performance.

I would think you will see both Sidewinder Computer and Jab-tech listing them this week, when they get stock too. Both generally have better prices than Frozen and Crazypc. I don't know how close Petra's is to TR and if they will be getting some right away.

Back