• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Ultimate TRUE revision coming Soon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
made my friend grab one since i cant try it, made him preorder it and i guess i will find out how it does soon :)

Don't worry, I will give an honest review, but unfortunately I will be at work offshore when it comes in so my testing will have to wait until I get back in from offshore. :cry: But I will test with both a DC Conroe and a Q6600 against a lapped TRUE that I already own. Since these are so dammed expensive I would hate to see people buying them if they don't give markedly better performance than a regular TRUE.

I will be very interested to get your thoughts on this.:thup:

You know that's a slick looking heatsink, lots of people call these things huge, but the Alpha 3125 and the Swiftech MC2000 from a decade ago for secc2 cpu's still are the reigning kings of huge heatsinks for consumer use.

The Alpha 3125 is still my favorite heatsink of all time :beer:

Yes, I used to have one of the Alpha 3125 heatsinks myself. That was one awesome heatsink for slot 1 systems and while it was big, wasn't that hard to fit inside the case or have clearance problems on the mobo.

You know that's a slick looking heatsink, lots of people call these things huge, but the Alpha 3125 and the Swiftech MC2000 from a decade ago for secc2 cpu's still are the reigning kings of huge heatsinks for consumer use.

The Alpha 3125 is still my favorite heatsink of all time :beer:

Yes, I used to have one of the Alpha 3125 heatsinks myself. That was one awesome heatsink for slot 1 systems and while it was big, wasn't that hard to fit inside the case or have clearance problems on the mobo.

QFT, big solid piece of metal, my collections -> HERE :)

Guess that makes three of us the old fart overclockers ? :D

Last edited:
This cooler is indeed special, we usually get previews/reviews before things hit the shelves and now here we are a week after the launch and nothing. :-/

Regarding alphas, I really loved them as well, had a 3125 and a couple of others for family members. Could never understood how could they fall so behind. >.<

This cooler is indeed special, we usually get previews/reviews before things hit the shelves and now here we are a week after the launch and nothing. :-/

Regarding alphas, I really loved them as well, had a 3125 and a couple of others for family members. Could never understood how could they fall so behind. >.<

AlphaNovatech is a big player in the world of heatsinks, but they cater to industrial use mostly. But I was lookin around at their site last week and noticed some stuff for consumer use.
I bought this from Jab-Tech to use with my new Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme, but before I bought the northy heatsink, I went to Alpha's site to see if they had anything similar (They probably have 100 things similar :beer:)

A few things caught my eye at AlphaNovaTech, especially the news from Oct 31, where they put out a press release about heatsinks with attachment holes. But the new offerings aren't as nice as the Alpha pals and 3125's from days gone by. they just don't really cater to the enthusiast market, that's a bummer as they make excellent products. I'm pretty sure they make heatsinks for other companies that get re-branded.

PS, If I didn't buy a Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme, this copper Ultimate True would have been at the top of my list.

Yeah, same here, I imagine if they could make a forged heat-pipes to the heatsink's base and the fins, that will be awesome.

Fyi, forged metals join is better than soldered metals join like TRUE in term of thermal conduction.

Picked mine up from Sidewinder computers and it is installed on my 780i, and I mounted it vertical, the mounting system seems to be fine and it dosent seem to be bowing the board at all.

Here is a teaser shot, somone requested a photo at XS so I figured I would show it here as well, excuse the sloppy cables, I havent cleaned up anything after I put the board back in because I want to make sure nothing is going to break before I tidy up.

TRUEcuSized.jpg

OMG is this thing HEAVY :eek:

i think it weighs more than my Rev4 MousePot (CPU DryIce/LN2 solid copper container)

these fins "feel" fairly thick, not like the flimsy alu. fins on most HS's

BTW the (copper) XP-90C "feels" like it has "thin fins"

Last edited:
Back