• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iPod touch, or a better alternative?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pejsaboy

I'm looking to kill a few birds with [hopefully] one stone here :) I need to upgrade from my wife's [pink] 1Gb shuffle before long, maybe around christmas time :sn: Along with more space, I want the screen for watching movies, and the wifi for internet browsing really makes the Touch ideal for my particular situation. I really only have two complaints with it- there's no expansion slot for an SD/CF card, and being an iPod, well, it's going to want me to use iTunes. Not that I hate iTunes, but it's not my ideal media player and it's just so much faster to drag and drop using Windows Explorer.

In terms of providing the same functionality as the Touch, would I be better off looking into a standard PDA for considerations such as price and performance? I was also considering a PSP, but the memory sticks are a little pricey and it won't really fit in my pocket. Plus, I've got a pc for gaming :)

Back