• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need .iso cd burning help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgreenjeans

I need to cut an .iso cd for western digital's hard drive utility and don't apparently have the right software. I have Roxio but find it bloatware (it never recognizes my burner and requires 18 gazillion updates before it works right, if ever, and really don't want to install it for this.

If I burn the file to a cd using windows software it is not bootable; i.e.; not an .iso. Any recommendations for free burner software or a trick to do it with windblows? This is the utility I need. I busted up a RAID0 array and one of the drives is stuck with the wrong data, shows as a 69g drive (the RAID0 properties) instead of the 36g drive it is and it causes windows to error out while booting or if it boots, locks up when I try to reformat the drive. I think I need to go in with the WD utility in DOS and reformat the drive prior to windows booting. Suggestions?

Nero 7 essentials, which ships with most DVD burners, is able to open and burn an ISO image. You can get it pretty cheap too if you end up having to pay for it.

Also, if you boot a Linux Live CD, the CD Burning program recognizes ISO images and will burn them.

Roxio 10 works fine for me

Nero will do the trick

Windows burning only allows burning of files, not mounting and burning ISO files.

CD Burner XP Pro - Works for vista just as well as XP, and freeware

Back