• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ssd and hdd conectors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sekai

hey i'm wondering if SSD and HDD have the same time of conetion *sata or IDE* for a laptop.

i'm gonna get the acer one wit hthe 8GB SSD cause it has a lower cost and i can just wipe out linux to put xp.

not gonna go any intensive work, just somme school presentation.
i know its a small 9" screen but i spent 1hour with it at a friend house and love it xD.

so do you guys know if its possible to switch the ssd for a hdd?
well more if the conections are the same?

just 150$ short to get it ><

sorry if this is in the wrong section or a post with a related subject is there.

If you're talking about the Acer Aspire One, it uses a 1.8" PATA hard drive with ZIF PATA cable to connect. If you want to get one that uses a 2.5" SATA connection, get the hard disk model, not the one with SSD. You can swap later with a 2.5" SSD if you do.

They should be very close in price.

Also, if you're going to be out and around, spring the extra bit for the 6cell version. It is more than double the battery life of the 3 cell.

well i just got the HDD version.

last night i was siting in my chair thining out lound....were will i get money now.

then 10 secondes later the door bell rings, a client wants me to cut his grass tomorow after school for 20$

then phone call.
old client wants me to reforma his laptop and install win2k for him, i said to go with winxpro for he wanted 2k so ya, he gave me 50$
second phone call : friends ask if i can remove vista and put xp and back up files of course. he gave me 70$
that 140$ to now.
then today i get called from the class to the computer room, the thec was there, i talked to him alot last year xD he wanted my help to set up networking for the new pc's they got this year and he gaved me 40$ =O made money at school lol.
then one of my mom's friend asked if i could help him set tables and stuff at a meeting and serve coffee and food from 9am to 11pm, he paid me 100$ (the 100$ was 4 days ago and the vista to xp was 3 days ago)
so 280$ plus my 210$, i got the acer one, then i saw the msi wind...but i had place my order already oh well still got a netbook like i wanted to get since my laptop is now dead and never had a battery..(got from a friend)
now will be able to travel with it =D

Too bad you missed out on the NCIX special, seagate 7200.3 for $80! I'm sure Anitec will have something tomorrow morning as well, so keep an eye out there if you're looking to upgrade.

If you're not happy with the keyboard, I do have a link to a website that has the US international keyboard, will come out to $45 or so CAN using paypal as payment. I'm awaiting my shipment and will let you know if you're interested.

meh, not planing to get anything soon since thats all my money in there ><

gonna get a job this summer, dont want to work during school and stuff.
but for the keyboard, i dont mind it at all.
my old laptop had the same type of KB,els if i dont like the small KB i think i'm gonna buy the targus flexible KB.
oh and last night i ordered the laptop.....and in my mind it would be there friday so i went to school today and wen i got back, there was this cute lil note saying i missed the shiping......so i'm not gonna go to school tomorow to get the laptop xD
yay got it faster then i was thinking...1 week to 1 days wow =O
anyways, i'm thinking of the internal BT mod, i might do it, if yes it will be posted and theres also the touchscreen mod but not sure about that one.

anyways, cya

Back