• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Simple question on Antec 900 DVI defect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arklite

Registered
I just ordered an antec 900 from fticomputer.com (through the pricegrabber storefront,) and reading the reviews on the case I noticed that the old version of the 900 had some some video card insertion issues due to a problem with the top DVI slot.

Is it likely that my recent purchase will have the problem, or are such versions long gone? And were I to receive one with the defect, what is the best way to proceed? Thanks for the help.

I haven't had any such issue with mine. I'm sure you'll be fine. If not you'll only know once you receive it and I'm sure if there is such a defect that you can exchange it for another.

Apparently the issue dates back to the original release from back in the 2006/2007 timeframe. I found it unlikely anyone has them pop up anymore, but you never know.

Yeah, I have an original release antec 900 and you can’t use the top port for DVI – which isn’t a big problem for me, I guess. I’ve never used a board that has the PCIe in the top slot anyway.

i think on newer models the problem was fixed.

I got mine November 2007 and this issue was already resolved. You should have no problem.

Hmm, I have a first Gen. Antec 900 (baught it in Nov. '06) Although I don't have my GPU in the highest "first" slot. It isn't any smaller than the rest, and they all could fit my DVI ports.

Back