• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU is folding...how do I...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psykoikonov

So I got my GPU folding around 4300ppd. It folds on the second core of my 4200+. How do I get core 1 of the 4200+ to fold as well without using any of core 2 (which stays at 100%)?

Edit: Using XP 32 bit. I've read the FAQ's just not sure how to get it running on the first core only.
Thx for any help.

Last edited:
So I got my GPU folding around 4300ppd. It folds on the second core of my 4200+. How do I get core 1 of the 4200+ to fold as well without using any of core 2 (which stays at 100%)?

Edit: Using XP 32 bit. I've read the FAQ's just not sure how to get it running on the first core only.
Thx for any help.

Take a look here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5808326&postcount=6

and see if that looks like something you'd like. Otherwise there are other programs that will do this for you, but they have to "baby-sit" the cpu's usage, (like checking it every 10 minutes, or so), and to me, that's undesirable.

If that doesn't meet your wants, let me know. :)

Thank you for the reply. I think I have it figured out. I installed the standard client. Then used an app called Set Affinity II to allow the standard client to only use core 1 (or 0) as my GPU client is using all of core 2 (or 1). Seems to be working perfect so far.

Update: Well I do have both cores now running at 100%, Core 0 using standard client and Core 1 using GPU client but....The CPU client has a PPD of 156.14, is that not a bit low??? GPU client has PPD of 4320. Perhaps I'm still not doing this right. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

No, that's about right... the single core (standard) client just doesn't produce near the PPD that GPU2 or SMP produce.

Just remember that science is science is science and it's all important, regardless of the PPD the work unit/client produces. :)

Thanx for the reply harlam357. As a result of the low ppd on CPU client I'm running Seti on both cores and GPU2 on vid card for now till the "Brawl" then I'll fire up the cpu client again. Seti is churning out 2 units every 1h50min+/- and GPU2 ppd is around 4200+/-.

Sounds good to me. We all (read all our DC teams) appreciate the contribution to any OCF DC project. :)

Heck, it never dawned on me to do so... but I might do the same with my E8400 rig, put some Rosetta on the currently unused core. I'm sure they'd appreciate it. :)

Running Seti on both cores has dropped my GPU clients PPD a bit from about 4300 down to around 4150 (5016 WU's) so it's not that much of a hit.

Back